N.Y. Goes Back to School
- Attention Underwriters. O'Brien, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/25/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31996, p35
Reports on the plan of Connecticut to reevaluate bond underwriting. Possibility of the issuance of a request for bond proposals; Statement of Catherine Boone, assistant state treasurer, regarding its plans; Changes in the bond counsel lineup of the state.
- 'Logic Is Out the Window' for Municipals In Midst of Forced Selling. // Bond Buyer;12/15/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33023, p6
The article reports on the yield of several municipal bonds traded in the U.S. The ten-year general obligation bond has yielded 4.43 percent, while an insured bond has earned 4.62 percent in Massachusetts. Corporate-backed revenue and tax-exempt bonds have generated lower income compared to...
- New Issues Peak as California Prices $1.8 Billion of GO Bonds. Chelsa, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;4/23/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31869, p2
Focuses on the increase in new issuance with the pricing of California general obligation bonds by underwriters while cash bonds secured implicated by rising treasuries. Price for the bonds; Decline of jobless claims; Association of improved municipal bonds with stabilization in the government...
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Monday, September 8. // Bond Buyer;9/8/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31714, p2
Presents financial statistics related to several bonds and securities deals in the U.S. during the first week of September 2003. Names of issuers and underwriters of various deals; Details of economic indicators for the week; Position of government securities on Friday September 5, 2003.
- Northeast: Plain/Insured GO Yield Curves for March 17, 2005. // Bond Buyer;3/21/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32094, p29
Presents a chart depicting the insured yield curves of Northeast state bonds in the U.S. for March 17, 2005.
- Boston Water and Sewer Commission Offering $53M of Revenue Bonds. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;8/2/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31938, p7
Reports on the decision of the Boston Water and Sewer Commission to take bids on general revenue bonds in Boston, Massachusetts. Use of the proceeds in funding the maintenance program of the commission; Budget of the commission; Move of the commission not to purchase bond insurance.
- Municipals Head North, Favoring Long Term, As Supply Increases. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;5/16/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32133, p2
The article reports that the municipal bond market moved higher on Friday with most firmness seen on the long end, which cheapens on a relative basis when Treasuries rally, attracting investor demand. Traders said bonds changed hands at yields that were as much as three and four basis points...
- Intermediates, Long-Terms Get Boost From Treasuries' Swing Into Positive. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;1/21/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32054, p2
This article reports that the municipal bond market remained mixed yesterday, but intermediate and long term securities received a boost after treasuries swung into positive territory following an unexpected decline in a regional manufacturing report. The long-end of the government bond market...
- Go Zone Act a Lifeline for Buyers in Katrina's Aftermath. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;8/28/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32454, p37
The article discusses the Gulf Opportunity Zone Act, a bond provision concerning the devastation of Hurricane Katrina in the U.S. Federal lawmakers easily established the said act also called as GO Zone bonds which promote the private-activity bond volume gaps in the states of Alabama,...