The Global War on Terrorism A Regional Approach to Coordination
- War could make the terrorist threat worse. Hansen, Greg // Christian Science Monitor;9/24/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 210, p9
Discusses the possible effects of the United States war against terrorism.
- Attack would breed terrorism, bishop says. // National Catholic Reporter;12/14/2001, Vol. 38 Issue 7, p8
Reports on the speculations on the creation of U.S. war on terrorism in Somalia.
- Seige Cracks Last Taliban Stronghold. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;12/10/2001, Vol. 155 Issue 24, p37
Reports developments on war against terrorism in Kandahar, Afghanistan. Physical description of Kandahar; Negotiations in the Mazar-i-Sharif area; Accessibility of relief supplies to Afghan refugees.
- TARGET TERROR THE HUNT FOR AL QAEDA. // Current Events;9/27/2002, Vol. 102 Issue 4, p1
Reports the task of destroying the Al Qaeda terrorist group of Osama bin Laden by the U.S. forces in Afghanistan. Declaration of war against terrorism to capture and kill bin Laden; Deployment of U.S. forces into the country; Initiatives to drive the Taliban group from ruling Afghanistan.
- DÃ©jÃ¨ Vu All Over Again? U.S., Israel
Escalate Threats Against Syria. Williams, Ian // Washington Report on Middle East Affairs;Jan/Feb2004, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p11
At the end of November, former head of Israeli military intelligence Major-General Shlomo Gazit accused Israeli Prime Minister, Ariel Sharon of trying to provoke a fight with Syria to provide an excuse for an Israeli attack. An attack on Syria would provide an election-year scapegoat for the...
- The real story behind America's war. Pilger, John // New Statesman;12/17/2001, Vol. 130 Issue 4568, p14
Comments on the real agenda of the United States' war on terrorism. Estimated value of international trade per day; Total number of children who died from formal wars, according to the World Resources Institute and the United Nations; Outcome of the World Trade Organization's December 2001...
- In Case You Didn't Know, We're At War. Morgan, Tom // Business Journal (Central New York);01/11/2002, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p19
Shares opinion on the war of the United States against terrorism. Intention of the country's enemy; Possible tactics of the enemy; Attitude of sensible people during wars.
- The Pulse of War: Writing a Response. Bowen, Kevin // New England Journal of Public Policy;Winter2005, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p263
Introduces a series of articles concerning the war on terror being imposed by the U.S.
- Just Add Water. Runyan, Joshua // Baltimore Jewish Times;8/8/2014, Vol. 339 Issue 6, p7
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including global wars, cease-fire in Israel and terror attacks on Israeli border.