OPERATION IRAQI FREEDOM
- First Person Singular. Geragotelis, John // Journal of Electronic Defense;Jul2003, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p74
Relates a U.S. soldier's experiences during the opening strike in support of the Operation Iraqi Freedom. Launch of Prowlers; Launch of surface-to-air missiles; Electronic warfare.
- A-Day. Geragotelis, John // Journal of Electronic Defense;Jul2003, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p14
Relates a U.S. soldier's experiences during the opening night of the air war in Iraq on March 21, 2003. Suppression of enemy air defenses program; Launch of Tomahawk land attack missile; Missile engagement zone.
- AIR AND MISSILE DEFENSE: OPERATION IRAQI FREEDOM. Anderson, Charles A. // Army Magazine;Jan2004, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p40
Focuses on the performance of soldiers, responsible for launching Patriot missiles, in protecting the U.S. forces from ballistic missile attack during Operation Iraqi Freedom in 2003. Evidence of the effectiveness of Patriot against Scud missile; Lessons learned by the soldiers from the operation.
- Winds of War. Reiff, Rick; Lyster, Michael // Orange County Business Journal;3/3/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p35
Comments on reactions of readers to an editorial in the 'Orange County Business Journal,' opposing a U.S. war against Iraq. Global debate over the issue of Iraq; Consensus for the stand of the administration of U.S. President George W. Bush; Wide range of opinions on whether the U.S. should go...
- Exporting democracy. Dorrs, Lou // Caribbean Business;3/6/2003, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p22
Comments on U.S. President George W. Bush's vision of a Middle East free of Iraqi President Saddam Hussein and the fear of weapons of mass destruction. Debate over the U.S.-led war against Iraq; Argument that democracy and markets offer the people of the Middle East their best hope for...
- War and Destiny. Kitfield, James // National Journal;6/11/2005, Vol. 37 Issue 24, p1754
Presents an excerpt from the book "War & Destiny: How the Bush Revolution in Foreign and Military Affairs Redefined American Power," by James Kitfield.
- Logistics Warriors. Joseph, Mark D. // Army Logistician;Sep2007, Vol. 39 Issue 5, p45
The author offers his insights regarding the contributions of the U.S. Army's 15th Sustainment Brigade to the Operation Iraqi Freedom 2006-2008. According to the author, the 15th Brigade Sustainment Brigade had provided supply-point and unit distribution for all types of supply. He also mentions...
- EL SALVADOR: Newest Export is Soldiers. Modotti, Alex // NACLA Report on the Americas;Jan/Feb2005, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p43
Reports on the deployment of soldiers from El Salvador to Iraq in line with the alliance of the Salvadoran government with the U.S. Reason of President Antonio Saca for sending the soldiers to Iraq in August 2004; Response of Saca to the request of the United Nations regarding the deployment of...
- Guard at War. Haskell, Bob // Army Magazine;Jan2004, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p35
Relates the experiences of U.S. Army Guard soldiers during the war in Iraq in 2003. Writing of personal letters of condolence to the spouses or parents of every single one Guard casualties; Responsibility of patrolling the streets and neighborhoods; Securing of weapons and ammunition caches.