Matched detector and source benefits system sensitivity
- Measurement of the absolute spectral response of an inverse photoemission detector. Avci, Recep; Cai, Qing; Lapeyre, Gerald J. // Review of Scientific Instruments;Dec89, Vol. 60 Issue 12, p3643
The absolute quantum yield of an inverse photoemission detector is reported. The detector consists of a 650-� KBr photoemission film on the mouth of a channeltron with either a CaFe or a SrF[sub 2] window for a low-pass cutoff filter. The spectral response for the CaF[sub 2] window peaks at...
- A comparison of two high performance inverse photoemission bandpass detectors Hill, I. G.; Hill, I.G.; McLean, A. B.; McLean, A.B. // Review of Scientific Instruments;Jan1998, Vol. 69 Issue 1, p261
Investigates the performance of two inverse photoemission bandpass detectors. Differences between the nominal photon energies of the detectors; Importance of compensating the detector dead time effects for optimal performance; Comparison between the solid-state detector design and the dimethyl...
- Improved inverse photoemission detector. Prince, K. C. // Review of Scientific Instruments;May88, Vol. 59 Issue 5, p741
An inverse photoemission detector of the Geiger�M�ller type is described, with a detection energy of 10.6 eV and resolution of 0.6 eV. The window material is MgF2 and the detecting gas is dimethyl ether, with argon as the multiplier gas. The detector offers a number of advantages compared...
- Photoconductive generation mechanism and gain in internal photoemission infrared detectors. Shen, W. Z. // Journal of Applied Physics;04/02/98, Vol. 83 Issue 7, p3923
Focuses on a study pertaining to the photoconductivity generation mechanism and photoconductive gain internal photoemission infrared detectors. Information on the model proposed; Details on the study; Results from the study.
- GexSi1-x infrared detectors II. Carrier escape probability and detector performance. Strong, R.; Greve, D.W.; Pellegrini, P.; Weeks, M. // Journal of Applied Physics;11/15/1997, Vol. 82 Issue 10, p5199
Studies the characterization and fabrication of GexSi1-x/Si heterojunction internal photoemission detectors with thresholds in the medium-wave infrared and long-wave infrared regions. Exploration of a variety of detector structures; Fabrication of readout circuitry using Gex Si1-x detectors...
- Demonstration of Si homojunction far-infrared detectors. Perera, A. G. U.; Shen, W. Z.; Liu, H. C.; Buchanan, M.; Tanner, M. O.; Wang, K. L. // Applied Physics Letters;5/4/1998, Vol. 72 Issue 18
Presents the Si homojunction far-infrared detectors. Properties of detectors; Requirements for space astronomy applications; Structure of homojunction interfacial work-function internal photoemission.
- Homojunction internal photoemission far-infrared detectors: Photoresponse performance analysis. Perera, A. G. U.; Yuan, H. X.; Francombe, M. H. // Journal of Applied Physics;1/15/1995, Vol. 77 Issue 2, p915
Presents a study that examined the photoresponse performance analysis of homojunction internal photoemission (HIP) far-infrared detectors. Comparison of three different types of HIP detectors; Workfunction dependence on doping concentration above Mott transition; Theoretical model of photoemission.
- Voltage detector and sub-micrometer focusing unit for photoemission probing. Clauberg, R.; Blacha, A.; Seitz, H. K. // Review of Scientific Instruments;Mar90, Vol. 61 Issue 3, p1044
A voltage detector and its connected focusing system for voltage measurements on integrated circuits by laser induced photoemission are presented. The capabilities of the system are analyzed theoretically and verified experimentally. Application to metal lines of submicrometer width and spacing...
- Bandpass photon detector with high efficiency for inverse photoemission spectroscopy. Sch�fer, I.; Drube, W.; Schl�ter, M.; Plagemann, G.; Skibowski, M. // Review of Scientific Instruments;Apr87, Vol. 58 Issue 4, p710
We report on a significant improvement of a simple, but effective bandpass photon detector specially suited for inverse photoemission studies. It consists of a commercial open CuBe multiplier with a CaF[sub 2] entrance window. The latter acts as a low pass, the high pass and the quantum...