The Effect of Punishment on Sales Managers' Outcome Expectancies and Responses to Unethical Sales Force Behavior
- Managers: Rid your sales team of parasites. Chase, Landy // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);9/17/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 12
Offers suggestions on how sales managers can reverse the development of a 'parasite' sales team. Description of parasite sales employees; Management style.
- SALES MANAGERS SUGGEST SOLUTIONS. Feldman, Diane // Management Review;Jun89, Vol. 78 Issue 6, p10
Suggests ways on how to deal with the plateaued salesperson. Need to confront the problem as soon as there is evidence of it; Creation of new challenges by introducing new products, redeploying resources, reassigning accounts.
- Star Power. Farber, Barry // Entrepreneur;Dec2003, Vol. 31 Issue 12, p102
Cites five traits of sales personnel who consistently build the business, keep the territory and retain their customers. Attitude of performing sales personnel; Ability to look at a list of tasks and set their priorities.
- How to Hire for Sales. lanphear, Sue // Credit Union Executive Newsletter;8/1/2005, Vol. 31 Issue 13, p2
Provides a guideline on how to hire sales people and ascertain the existence of sales-minded people in the credit union. Characteristics of a good sales person; Accountability of the sales people to themselves, their members and the credit union; Need to do the selling with pride and enthusiasm.
- ATTRACTING GRADUATES TO SALE POSITIONS AND THE ROLE OF RECRUITER KNOWLEDGE: A REEXAMINATION. Wiles, Michael A.; Spiro, Rosann L. // Journal of Personal Selling & Sales Management;Winter2004, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p39
The recruiter plays a critical role in the success of recruiting students for sales positions. Yet there is ample evidence to suggest that recruiters do a poor job of meeting student information needs during the interview. In 1992, Weilbaker and Merritt conducted a study that addressed this...
- Expand top-performance beyond typical top-performers. Anderson, Louise // Sell!ng;Feb2005, p8
Discusses a sales management program which develops best practice among sales representatives. Identification of best practices employed by sales representatives; Forms of reward to be given to sales personnel; Significance of the program to employee relations.
- Motivating Your Salespeople. Test, Alan // American Salesman;May2004, Vol. 49 Issue 5, p3
Suggests management techniques for motivating sales personnel. Accountability; Compensation; Positive feedback; Rewards; Training.
- High-Performing Sales Teams. Lytle, Chris // American Salesman;Jul2005, Vol. 50 Issue 7, p23
Gives advice on how to have a high-performing sales teams. Impact of poor sales performers on sales team; Possible standards of measurement to separate poor sales performers from the good ones; Importance of creating monitoring systems that encourage teams to reinforce themselves.
- Manager must keep 'em spinning--before the crash. Wyckoff, Douglas C. // Marketing News;4/25/86, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p6
The article emphasizes the importance of upper management's guidance to sales managers. It explains the reason the juggler is an apt analogy to sales management. It discusses that the timing and strategy of sales managers must be adjusted to the geometric demands on their capabilities. Also, it...