The Information Content of Morningstar's Mutual Fund Ratings: The Case for Growth Funds
- Growth funds take pounding. Taylor, Mike // Money Management;10/30/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 41, p8
The article reports on the economic condition of growth funds in Australia. It cites that Morningstar Inc.'s assessment of growth funds has shown that their positive returns came from government bonds and cash. Morningstar stated that Investors Mutual Industrial Share Fund is the top performing...
- Delaware Fund Joins The Rally. PAUL KATZEFF // Investors Business Daily;6/18/2014, pA07
The $1.1 billion Delaware Select Growth Fund is rallying off the sell-off that took place earlier this year.
- The Hare Portfolio. Larson, Paul // Morningstar StockInvestor;6/15/2007, Vol. 6 Issue 12, p4
The article discusses the performance of the Hare Portfolio of Morningstar Inc. The portfolio, which intends to outperform the Standard & Poor's (S&P) 500 Index and generate positive returns despite the broad market environment, has returned 62.6% versus a total return of 39.8% for S&P and 21.5%...
- Morningstar Ready for Changes to Controversial Star-Rating System. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;4/24/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31372, p6
Reports on the mutual fund star-rating system of Morningstar Inc. in the U.S. Changes on the implementation of fund ratings with forty separate peer groups based on similar investment styles; Utilization of the risk-adjusted return measure; Problems of the rating system.
- Investment watch. Karchmer, Jennifer // Bond Buyer;07/15/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30683, p7
Announces that Morningstar Inc. analysts will provide investors with their favorite mutual fund picks beginning with the July 1999 issue of the company's newsletter. INSET: Bonds in demand.
- Making foreign stocks less exotic. Wollenberg, Yvonne Chilik // Medical Economics;11/21/2003, Vol. 80 Issue 22, p11
Reports on Morningstar's division of mutual funds that invest in foreign companies.
- Many funds get reclassified under Morningstar's rejigged... // Christian Science Monitor;1/10/97, Vol. 89 Issue 32, pB7
Reports on Morningstar's introduction of a different, more informative system for classifying mutual funds. When the system was introduced; Reclassification of a `growth' fund as a `medium blend' fund.
- Investing in underdogs could pay off. Wollenburg, Yvonne Chilik // Medical Economics;3/7/2003, Vol. 80 Issue 5, p15
Reports on the benefits of buying shares in mutual funds according to the mutual fund rating company, Morningstar Inc. Strategy offered by the company.
- Data base lets bank select fund mix to suit customers. Piskora, Beth // American Banker;10/5/1994, Vol. 159 Issue 192, p14
Evaluates Morningstar Inc.'s analytical mutual fund software on CD-ROM. Creation of a portfolio of no-load mutual funds; Competition of users against brokerage firms and large regional banks; Need for a detailed risk assessment survey.