- Changes. // Quill & Quire;Oct96, Vol. 62 Issue 10, p4
Reports developments among book industry executives in Canada as of October 1996. Recruitment of Karin Paul as managing editor of the 'Quill & Quire' periodical; Pursuit of a professional basketball career by Michael Clarke; Resignation of Judy Tye as editor of the journal 'The Teaching Librarian.'
- PEOPLE IN THE NEWS... // Book Publishing Report;11/4/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 43, p9
Reports on developments related to executives in the book publishing industry as of November 4, 2002. Appointment of Michael Maudlin as editorial director at HarperSanFrancisco; Appointment of Mark Bryant as an executive director at HarperCollins.
- PEOPLE IN THE NEWS . . . // Book Publishing Report;6/2/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 21, p4
Reports career developments of executives in the book industry in the U.S. Selection of Amy Berkower as chief executive president of Writers House; Appointment of Bret Witter as editorial director of Health Communications Inc.; Promotion of Elizabeth Tzetzo as vice president of Perseus Books...
- People in the news... // Book Publishing Report;01/31/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p8
Focuses on executive changes at book publishers, Penguin Putnam and Simon & Schuster. Penguin Putnam's appointment of Louise Burke as president of its New American Library imprint; Simon & Schuster's appointment of Alun Davies as consultant.
- Changes. // Quill & Quire;Feb99, Vol. 65 Issue 2, p4
Reports executive changes in the book trade in Canada as of February 1999. Appointment of Keith Kelly at the Canadian Conference of the Arts; Designation of Petra Morin at Penguin Books; Position of Tracey Wolgemuth at Publishers Group West.
- Changes. // Quill & Quire;Aug99, Vol. 65 Issue 8, p12
Reports the appointments of executives of book industries and trades in Canada as of August 1999. Selection of Michael Harrison as president of Broadview Press of the Association of Canadian Publishers; Promotion of Harry Yanowitz as president of Chapters Inc.; Move of Linda Palmer as national...
- People ... // Educational Marketer;9/6/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 25, p8
Reports on career developments of executives of LaurelTech Integrated Publishing Solutions in the U.S. Collaboration of Michael Hodges with the company as the new president; Addition of Pamela Schoff as senior manager of the firm's production, art, and design department.
- The female leadership advantage: An evaluation of the evidence Eagly, Alice H.; Carli, Linda L. // Leadership Quarterly;Dec2003, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p807
Journalists and authors of trade books increasingly assert a female advantage in leadership, whereby women are more likely than men to lead in a style that is effective under contemporary conditions. Contrasting our analysis of these claims with Vecchio''s [Leadersh. Q. 13 (2002) 643] analysis,...
- People In The News... // Book Publishing Report;08/28/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 34, p8
Reports the appointment of several executives in the book industry and trade in the United States. Includes the appointment of Jessica Carter as media and online marketing director for Knopf Publishing Group; Beth Ford as senior vice president for global operations of Scholastic Inc.; Martin...