SAFEWAY ANNOUNCES ADMINISTRATIVE CUTS
- Safeway's IT staff face an uncertain future. // Computer Weekly;1/16/2003, p6
Reports on the possible downsizing of the information technology department staff at Safeway Inc. as a consequence of acquisition of the supermarket by the supermarket chain Morrisons. Closure of Safeway's head office operations in Hayes; Views of the Union of Shop Distributive and Allied...
- Morrisons ousts Safeway boss in marketing rejig. Barnes, Rachel // Marketing (00253650);4/15/2004, p1
Safeway Stores Inc. marketing director Martin Pugh has been sent on gardening leave as Morrisons downsizes its southern head office and moves the marketing department to its headquarters in Bradford. Morrisons marketing services director Michael Bates will oversee the rebadging of Safeway...
- Supermarket offers allergy tests. Dyer, Owen // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);5/18/96, Vol. 312 Issue 7041, p1248
Reports on Safeway Inc.'s planned offer of an allergy test service. Test equipment; Test process; Charge; Goals of the testing; Comments on the planned tests.
- And now, a `successful' LBO. // America;6/9/1990, Vol. 162 Issue 22, p563
Editorial. Evaluates the long-term impact of the $5.65 billion leveraged buy-out (LBO) of Safeway, the world's biggest supermarket chain, in 1986. Immediate profits for the raiders, shareholders, banks, investors, and law and accounting firms; Devastation faced by laid-off staff; Remaining...
- Safeway opts for rail delivery. // Professional Engineering;09/03/97, Vol. 10 Issue 16, p6
Reports on Safeway's plans to shift to rail service to deliver goods to its supermarkets.
- Spreading the load for supermarket. // European Power News;Jul98, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p8
Reports on supermarket chain Safeway's increasing of its emergency standby power at its regional distribution center by installing a generator set from Cummins Power Generation. Prime power rating of the gen-set; Installation as part of a major expansion project; Size footprint, fuel tank and...
- Checkout for trucks. Greek, Dinah // Professional Engineering;03/12/97, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p24
Reports on Great Britain-based Safeway Stores Inc.'s use of information technology to improve its trucking fleet management. Use of the Ram national radio network; In-cab computing system; Satellite positioning system; Savings realized by the company through the fleet management upgrade.
- Safeway Sued Over Recalls. ZWIEBACH, ELLIOT // SN: Supermarket News;2/7/2011, Vol. 59 Issue 6, p6
The article presents information on the lawsuit filed against Safeway Inc., by individual customers in Northern California and Montana, backed by the Center for Science in the Public Interest.
- Safeway Plans 'Innovations'. Zwiebach, Elliot // SN: Supermarket News;5/24/2010, Vol. 58 Issue 21, p6
The article reports on the significant approaches that Safeway Inc. of Pleasanton, California have planned including use repurchase of shares, boost of dividend, and pay down debt.