SAFEWAY ANNOUNCES ADMINISTRATIVE CUTS
- Safeway's IT staff face an uncertain future. // Computer Weekly;1/16/2003, p6
Reports on the possible downsizing of the information technology department staff at Safeway Inc. as a consequence of acquisition of the supermarket by the supermarket chain Morrisons. Closure of Safeway's head office operations in Hayes; Views of the Union of Shop Distributive and Allied...
- Morrisons ousts Safeway boss in marketing rejig. Barnes, Rachel // Marketing (00253650);4/15/2004, p1
Safeway Stores Inc. marketing director Martin Pugh has been sent on gardening leave as Morrisons downsizes its southern head office and moves the marketing department to its headquarters in Bradford. Morrisons marketing services director Michael Bates will oversee the rebadging of Safeway...
- Safeway finds a way to upgrade dairy's output. // Packaging Digest;Jan94, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p26
Reports on Safeway Inc.'s $1.5 million modernization program to accommodate in-house contract packaging of yogurt and sour cream for its Northern California Division. New Auto Pak 3700 in-line filler; Videojet Excel 170i small-character ink-jet printers; Cetra Presto 35 wraparound case packers.
- Safeway Plans 'Innovations'. Zwiebach, Elliot // SN: Supermarket News;5/24/2010, Vol. 58 Issue 21, p6
The article reports on the significant approaches that Safeway Inc. of Pleasanton, California have planned including use repurchase of shares, boost of dividend, and pay down debt.
- Supermarket offers allergy tests. Dyer, Owen // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);5/18/96, Vol. 312 Issue 7041, p1248
Reports on Safeway Inc.'s planned offer of an allergy test service. Test equipment; Test process; Charge; Goals of the testing; Comments on the planned tests.
- And now, a `successful' LBO. // America;6/9/1990, Vol. 162 Issue 22, p563
Editorial. Evaluates the long-term impact of the $5.65 billion leveraged buy-out (LBO) of Safeway, the world's biggest supermarket chain, in 1986. Immediate profits for the raiders, shareholders, banks, investors, and law and accounting firms; Devastation faced by laid-off staff; Remaining...
- Impairment charge takes toll on Safeway's bottom line. // Chain Drug Review;3/15/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p22
The article reports on the impairment charge of Safeway Inc. worth 1.82 billion dollars net of tax in the fourth quarter of 2009 in Pleasanton, California.
- Safeway Sued Over Recalls. ZWIEBACH, ELLIOT // SN: Supermarket News;2/7/2011, Vol. 59 Issue 6, p6
The article presents information on the lawsuit filed against Safeway Inc., by individual customers in Northern California and Montana, backed by the Center for Science in the Public Interest.
- Safeway opts for rail delivery. // Professional Engineering;09/03/97, Vol. 10 Issue 16, p6
Reports on Safeway's plans to shift to rail service to deliver goods to its supermarkets.