- Outdoor SHOWCASE. Ray, Alastair // Marketing (00253650);6/26/2003, p27
Edinburgh furniture store Martin & Frost is hoping to rive off the sales chart by going outdoor for the first time. The retailer has three fully liveried taxis to take its message onto the streets of Edinburgh. The campaign was created by family Advertising, a creative agency established in...
- Martin & Frost fire arouses suspicion. // Cabinet Maker;2/4/2005, Issue 5424, p4
This article reports that a fire at Edinburgh furniture retailer Martin & Frost, which caused Â£30,000-£40,000 of damage, is being treated as suspicious.The fire was contained on the first floor of the two-storey building. While the retail floor and stock escaped damage, the post room and...
- Stop being hairy. Kidd // Cabinet Maker;04/02/99, Issue 5132, p5
Comments on furniture chain Ikea's advertising campaign for its branch in Bristol, England.
- Make the news without breaking the bank. // Cabinet Maker;12/10/99, Issue 5167, p8
Gives advice to furniture retailers on how to build strong awareness of their business without top-flight public relations assistance. Making astute publicity a part of a wider marketing strategy; Importance of building relationships with the target media; Good sources of news.
- Two stores that give my spirits a big boost. Epperson, Jerry // Furniture/Today;11/25/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 12, p26
Relates author's interest in the furniture stores. Advertising promotion used by the industry; Different product categories displayed by the furniture stores.
- New ad efforts: Winners and dogs. Sloan, Carole // Furniture/Today;02/12/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 23, p56
Focuses on the effort by furniture makers to speak directly to their consumers. Variety of forms used to open up the industry; Advertising campaigns launched by companies like Drexel Heritage, Ethan Allen Inc. and La-Z-Boy Inc.
- Get the best from the budget. // Cabinet Maker;8/2/2002, Issue 5298, p9
Focuses on planning for the advertising campaign of furniture retailers. Amount of time needed in planning for a campaign; Tips on allocating the advertising budget; Reasons for the failure of advertising campaigns.
- You really want $70M for joint consumer ads?!? Slaughter, Powell // Furniture/Today;1/28/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 21, p42
Presents views related to the performance of furniture industry in Germany. Proposal of advertising campaign by managing director, Dirk-Uwe Klass of the German Furniture Industry Association; Efforts of several furniture companies to gain consumer's attention to the products; Promotion of...
- Sealy's _GCP_1m advertising push begins. // Cabinet Maker;04/16/99, Issue 5134, p5
Reports on an advertising campaign launched by Great Britain-based bedroom and furniture manufacturer Sealy.