High hopes for Ikea in Stockport
- Pa. store launches Ikea's growth surge. Engel, Clint // Furniture/Today;1/13/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 19, p1
Reports the launching of a flagship store by Ikea in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Expansion of the home furnishing products; Description of the store interior; Generation of sales.
- Putting 2004 in focus. // Cabinet Maker;1/16/2004, Issue 5371, p7
Focuses on the outlook for the furniture industry. Increase in the import levels; Expansion plans of Ikea AB; Concern of manufacturers for the ageing workforce.
- Ikea opening in Brooklyn. // Furniture/Today;4/21/2008, Vol. 32 Issue 32, p4
The article reports that Ikea AB will open a 346,000-square-foot store, the 35th U.S. store for the Sweden-based Top 100 company. The store will include 50 room settings, three model home interiors, a supervised children's play area, and a 450-seat restaurant, with views of the lower Manhattan...
- Prescott thwarts Ikea expansion plans again l. // Cabinet Maker;8/6/2004, Issue 5400, p3
Reports on the interception of the expansion plan of Ikea AB by John Prescott in Stockport, England. Sales of the company; Obstacles to the plan; Total proposed stores to be opened by the firm.
- Ikea buys Brooklyn tract to build first NYC store. Engel, Clint // Furniture/Today;6/20/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 40, p2
Reports on the acquisition of a property by the furniture retailer Ikea AB in Brooklyn, New York City. Plan of the firm to establish a store in the area; Growth of the company; Store area.
- In brief. // Cabinet Maker;3/7/2008, Issue 5578, p5
The article offers news briefs related to the furniture industry in Great Britain. The Budget Submission 2008 made by the British Chamber of Commerce (BCC) requested that the government decrease Â£3.4 billion worth of extra taxes on businesses. Furniture industry business consultant UKFirst...
- Ikea continues to fill in key U.S. markets. Engel, Clint // Furniture/Today;8/1/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 46, p6
Discusses the growth of Sweden-based specialty home furnishings retailer Ikea in the United States. Stores in Atlanta, Georgia, and Dallas, Texas; Target market in Austin, Texas; Charlotte, North Carolina; Cleveland, Cincinnati and Columbus, Ohio; Denver, Colorado; Saint Louis, Missouri;...
- Taking it on the chintz. // Brand Strategy;May2008, Issue 222, p12
The article focuses on the expansion plan and marketing strategies of furniture firm Ikea AB. According to Anders Dahlvig, chief executive of the company, the downturn in the housing market has hit flatpack furniture sales in the U.S., Great Britain, and Germany. The company's strategy of...
- Ikea finds a home in Brooklyn. Racine, Theresa // New York Amsterdam News;10/31/2002, Vol. 93 Issue 44, p32
Reports on the launch of a store of furniture manufacturing company Ikea AB in New York City, New York. Estimated number of jobs created by the store; Proposal of the company to solve traffic problems due to its store's location; Plans of the company to expand its store.