'China effect' hits FTBA donations
- Thomasville gift supports Hemingway home rescue. // Furniture/Today;8/15/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 48, p36
Reports that Thomasville Furniture has donated 20,000 dollar to support efforts of the National Trust and the Hemingway Preservation Foundation to save Finca VigÃa, author Ernest Hemingway's home in San Francisco de Paula, Cuba.
- Va. Bassett store pledges dining rooms. // Furniture/Today;10/17/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p66
Reports that the newly-opened Bassett Furniture Direct store in Charlottesville, Virginia has pledged to donate a Bassett dining room set to every Habitat for Humanity home built in the city in 2005-2006. Raffle conducted for a leather recliner from the Elway Home by Bassett collection; Amount...
- GAME FOR A LAUGH. // Cabinet Maker;10/8/2004, Issue 5409, p31
Reports on the fund raising activity of furniture company, Ercol Furniture employees to aid the FTBA Cushion Club. Amount raised by the company; Activities during the fund raising event.
- Offcuts. // Cabinet Maker;11/12/2004, Issue 5414, p39
Reports developments in the furniture industry as of November 2004. Success of the fund raising of the retailer Housing Units for Motor Neurone Disease Association; Call for donations by Tate Modern; Donation of Sealy beds used in the television program "The Match" to Saint Oswald's Hospital and...
- City of Hope to open hospital. Linville, Jeff // Furniture/Today;11/15/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 10, p4
The article reports that the charity City of Hope will open Helford Research Hospital. The charity raised more than $800,000 at an event during the October 2004 market in High Point, North Carolina, according to Sharon White-Kuo, the charity's associate vice president. About 850 people attended...
- Select Comfort donates beds to Ronald McDonald House. // Furniture/Today;3/14/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 27, p22
Reports on the beds donated by Select Comfort Corp. to Ronald McDonald House of Charities in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Total number of beds being donated; Amount of financial support provided by the company.
- Committee closures cut FTBA donations. // Cabinet Maker;6/2/2006, Issue 5490, p8
The article reports on the decrease in donations through the Furnishing Trades Benevolent Association (FTBA) following the closure of local area committees in Great Britain. Money is raised by the FTBA through voluntary contributions and charitable events. FTBA Chairman Peter Spinks commented on...
- Help is at hand. // Cabinet Maker;1/20/2006, Issue 5472, p76
The article features the Furnishing Trades Benevolent Association (FTBA), a charity dedicated to helping those who are or have been involved with the furniture and furnishings industries in Great Britain. A brief history of the company is provided. An overview of several individuals who have...
- Ashley reps raise money to help furnish new Ronald McDonald house in Philly. // Furniture/Today;2/25/2008, Vol. 32 Issue 25, p16
The article reports that marketing specialists of Ashley Furniture Industries Inc. have raised cash to assist furnish a Ronald McDonald House on the St. Christopher's Hospital for Children campus in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The house offers lodging for families of children undergoing hospital...