TITLE

Poisoning in children 4: Household products, plants, and mushrooms

AUTHOR(S)
Riordan, M; Rylance, G; Berry, K
PUB. DATE
November 2002
SOURCE
Archives of Disease in Childhood;Nov2002, Vol. 87 Issue 5, p403
SOURCE TYPE
Academic Journal
DOC. TYPE
Article
ABSTRACT
This article deals with the poisoning caused by the ingestion of household products in the children. Household bleach solutions contain approximately 10% sodium hypochlorite. If ingested, commonly encountered effects include nausea, vomiting, and diarrhoea. Turpentine oil has been largely replaced with white spirit and turpentine substitute. Gastrointestinal irritation is commonly seen symptoms. Central nervous system depression may occur if large quantities are ingested. General household cleaning products like disinfectants contains a variety of potentially toxic constituents.
ACCESSION #
10083192

 

Share

Read the Article

Courtesy of THE LIBRARY OF VIRGINIA

Sorry, but this item is not currently available from your library.

Try another library?
Sign out of this library

Other Topics