- News Briefs... // Educational Marketer;1/21/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p7
Presents news briefs on companies engaged in educational publishing as of January 2002, including the partnership between WebCT and Prosoft Training.
- News Briefs... // Educational Marketer;11/3/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 31, p8
Presents news concerning the educational publishing industry in the United States as of November 3, 2003. Launching of the Reading PowerWorks reading program from Sundance Co.; Sharable Content Object Reference 1.2 certification given to the Vista platform of higher education e-learning...
- News Briefs . . . // Educational Marketer;04/02/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p8
Focuses on the selection of WebCT, a provider of electronic learning systems, as the course management systems provider for Regents Online Degree Programs.
- CS Talks Datatel Dividend Deal with Lenders. Kellerhals, Richard // High Yield Report;2/7/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p17
This article announces a plan by Credit Suisse to host a conference call with lenders to discuss 390 million U.S. dollars in loans to help software provider Datatel fund a dividend payment to its private equity owner Hellman & Friedman.
- Hellman Eyes Dividend Recap for Datatel. Kellerhals, Richard // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;2/7/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p14
The article reports that a conference call was held by Credit Suisse with lenders to discusses 390 million U.S. dollars in loans for Datatel.
- SCT, WebCT End Exclusive Partnership, SCT Adds Blackboard. // Educational Marketer;8/18/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 24, p4
Reports that higher education technology solutions provider SCT Corp. and course platform WebCT Inc. ended their exclusive partnership. Reasons for the business move; Insights of the terms of agreement of SCT with WebCT; Revenue gained by both SCT and Blackboard.
- Higher hopes. Williams, Peter // e.learning age;Apr2004 Supplement, p7
Presents information on a 2003 survey commissioned by WebCT about the role of electronic learning (e-learning) to improve teaching creativity in Great Britain. Number of lecturers included in the survey; Percentage of lecturers who stated that classroom-based teaching and online learning was...
- Partnerships & Acquisitions ï¿½. // Educational Marketer;3/6/2006, Vol. 37 Issue 7, p8
The article reports that higher education course management software provider Blackboard Inc. in Washington, D.C. has completed the acquisition of its main rival WebCT Inc. in Lynnfield, Massachusetts in a cash transaction. Blackboard plans to upgrade its guidance including the results for WebCT.
- Courseware Costs Soar. Angelo, Jean Marie // University Business;May2002, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p13
Presents news update on the change in the pricing models made by courseware providers Blackboard and WebCT as of May 2002. Institutions that benefited the pricing model; Estimated cost for Blackboard's Bb Learning software; Implication of the shift in pricing structure on some schools; Basis of...