Acquisitions & Partnerships
- Sylvan K-12 Buyout Tops M&A Activity in First Quarter 2003. // Educational Marketer;4/14/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p4
Reports that Sylvan Learning Systems Inc. tops in the merger and acquisition activity in the first quarter of 2003 in the U.S. Cost of the deal; Acquisition of K-12 businesses; Emphasis on promoting higher education enterprises.
- Splitting Up: Sylvan Learning Spins Off K-12 Business, Forms New Higher Education Company. // Educational Marketer;3/17/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 9, p1
Reports on company changes implemented by Baltimore, Maryland-based Sylvan Learning Systems. Transformation of the K-12 business into a privately-held company; Consolidation of the higher education enterprises into a publicly held company; Reason for the deals. INSET: Sylvan Learning Systems...
- Yau, Becker: This pair is a full house. Fine, Howard // Orange County Business Journal;03/24/97, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p1
Presents information on the proposed acquisition of National Education Corporation by Sylvan Learning Systems Incorporated. Where the companies are based; Information on both companies; Background information on Sam Yau and Douglas Becker, chief executive officers respectively; Comments from...
- Education Cos. Learn the ABCs of M&A. Martinez, Matthew // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;06/21/99, Vol. 12 Issue 25, p1
Offers information on the increasing mergers and acquisitions activity in the education industry in the United States. Ideal targets for acquisitions in the post-secondary market; Details on the deal clinched by Sylvan Learning Systems Inc.; Reason for the difficulty in hostile takeover of a...
- Sylvan reports decline in op. income on revenues that grew 35.3% in 1997. // Electronic Education Report;03/25/98, Vol. 5 Issue 6, p10
Reports on the decline in Sylvan Learning Systems' operating income in 1997. Increase in revenues; Increase in net income; Strong performance of Sylvan's operating units.
- Sylvan Learning Centers in play. FitzGerald, Nora; Gazdik, Tanya // Adweek Midwest Edition;07/07/97, Vol. 38 Issue 27, p4
Reports on the review of Sylvan Learning Centers' advertisement account. Search for a national direct response agency to handle the business; Investigation of additional direct marketing approaches; Increase in system revenues; Awarding of national media assignment to Western International Media.
- Sylvan Learning Centers in play. FitzGerald, Nora // Adweek New England Edition;07/07/97, Vol. 34 Issue 27, p4
Reports on the firm Sylvan Learning Systems Inc.'s review of its advertising account. Capability, strategic and creative presentations; Search for a national direct response agency.
- Sylvan Learning Centers in play. FitzGerald, Nora // Adweek Southeast Edition;07/07/97, Vol. 18 Issue 27, p4
Reports on Sylvan Learning Systems Inc.'s placement of its advertising account in review. Sylvan's objectives in conducting the review; Focus of Sylvan's advertising campaigns.
- With a little help from their friends. Rogers, Alison // Fortune;9/19/1994, Vol. 130 Issue 6, p238
Looks at the efforts of entrepreneurs Doug Becker and Chris Hoehn-Saric of Sylvan Learning systems, a tutoring and testing services company in Columbia, Maryland. 1993 sales for the education firm which has three business; Their invention the LifeCard; Future.