- The Role of Genetic and Immune Factors for the Pathogenesis of Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis in Childhood. Ferri, Priscila Menezes; Simões e Silva, Ana Cristina; Campos Silva, Soraya Luiza; Aquino, Diego Junior Queiroga de; Fagundes, Eleonora Druve Tavares; Marques de Miranda, Débora; Ferreira, Alexandre Rodrigues // Gastroenterology Research & Practice;11/2/2016, p1
Primary sclerosing cholangitis (PSC) is a rare cholestatic liver disease characterized by chronic inflammation of the biliary tree resulting in liver fibrosis. PSC is more common in male less than 40 years of age. The diagnosis of PSC is based on clinical, laboratory, image, and histological...
- Progressive Familial Intrahepatic Cholestasis. Srivastava, Anshu // Experimental & Clinical Hepatology;mar2014, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p25
Progressive familial intrahepatic cholestasis (PFIC) is a group of rare disorders which are caused by defect in bile secretion and presentwith intrahepatic cholestasis, usually in infancy and childhood. These are autosomal recessive in inheritance.The estimated incidence is about 1 per 50,000 to...
- Cholestasis in patients with acquired immunodeficiency... Liu, Katherine J.M.; Atten, Mary Jo // American Surgeon;Jun1997, Vol. 63 Issue 6, p519
Reviews cholestasis in patients with acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS). Underlying causes of cholestasis; Predominant findings in patients with AIDS and hepatocellular diseases; Acalculous cholecystitis described; Two disease entities of abnormalities of intraheptic/extraheptic duct.
- Everolimus. // Reactions Weekly;6/19/2010, Issue 1306, p23
The article describes the cases of two patients who developed cholestasis after receiving everolimus.
- Intrahepatic Cholestasis of Pregnancy (ICP) in U.S. Latinas and Chileans: Clinical features, Ancestry Analysis, and Admixture Mapping. Bull, Laura N.; Hu, Donglei; Shah, Sohela; Temple, Luisa; Silva, Karla; Huntsman, Scott; Melgar, Jennifer; Geiser, Mary T.; Sanford, Ukina; Ortiz, Juan A.; Lee, Richard H.; Kusanovic, Juan P.; Ziv, Elad; Vargas, Juan E. // PLoS ONE;Jun2015, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p1
In the Americas, women with Indigenous American ancestry are at increased risk of intrahepatic cholestasis of pregnancy (ICP), relative to women of other ethnicities. We hypothesized that ancestry-related genetic factors contribute to this increased risk. We collected clinical and laboratory...
- Corrigendum. // Journal of Clinical Investigation;Jul2004, Vol. 114 Issue 1, p142
Presents a correction to the article "Cathepsin B Inactivation Attenuates Hepatic Injury and Fibrosis During Cholestasis" that was previously published in the vol. 112, 2003 issue of the "Journal of Clinical Investigation."
- Antidepressant induced cholestasis: hepatocellular redistribution of multidrug resistant protein (MRP2). Milkiewicz, P.; Chilton, A.P.; Hubscher, S.G.; Elias, E. // Gut;Feb2003, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p300
Background: We report two cases of antidepressant induced cholestasis. Case reports: We describe the first reported case of acute cholestasis due to citalopram (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor) occurring in a patient who also experienced obstetric cholestasis in association with each of...
- Hepatoprotection with tauroursodeoxycholate and Î² muricholate against tauroilthocolate induced cholestasis: involvement of signal transduction pathways. Milkiewicz, P.; Roma, M.G.; Elias, E.; Coleman, R. // Gut;Jul2002, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p113
Background: Tauroursodeoxycholate (TUDC) provides partial protection against taurolithocholate (TLC) induced cholestasis, possibly by inducing a signalling cascade activating protein kinase C (PKC). The potential protective effects of Î² muricholic acid (Î²-MC), another 7-Î²-hydroxylated...
- Arteriohepatic Dysplasia: A Benign Syndrome of Intrahepatic Cholestasis with Multiple Organ Involvement. Riely, Carolyn A.; Cotlier, Edward; Jensen, Pamela S.; Klatskin, Gerald // Annals of Internal Medicine;Oct79, Vol. 91 Issue 4, p520
Presents clinical reports of patients with arteriohepatic dysplasia or Alagille's syndrome, an intrahepatic cholestatic syndrome. Information on intrahepatic cholestasis; Background on the patients; Results of the clinical reports.