Chronic pancreatitis and cystic fibrosis
- Reference percentiles for FEV1 and BMI in European children and adults with cystic fibrosis. Bo‰lle, Pierre-Yves; Viviani, Laura; Busson, Pierre-Francois; Olesen, Hanne V.; Ravilly, Sophie; Stern, Martin; Assael, Baroukh M.; Barreto, Celeste; Drevinek, Pavel; Thomas, Muriel; Krivec, Uros; Mei-Zahav, Meir; Vibert, Jean-Fran‡ois; Clement, Annick; Mehta, Anil; Corvol, Harriet // Orphanet Journal of Rare Diseases;2012, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p64
Background: The clinical course of Cystic Fibrosis (CF) is usually measured using the percent predicted FEV1 and BMI Z-score referenced against a healthy population, since achieving normality is the ultimate goal of CF care. Referencing against age and sex matched CF peers may provide valuable...
- Genetic risk factors in chronic pancreatitis
Teich, Niels; Ockenga, Johan; Keim, Volker; M ö ssner, Joachim // Journal of Gastroenterology;2002, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p1 Niels Teich Johann Ockenga Volker Keim Joachim MÃ¶ssner Med...
Provides information on a study which examined genetic risk factors in chronic pancreatitis. Mutations of the cationic trypsinogen gene and hereditary pancreatitis; Mutations of cystic fibrosis gene and idiopathic chronic pancreatitis; Conclusion.
- CYSTIC FIBROSIS OF THE PANCREAS: CLINICAL STAFF CONFERENCE AT THE NATIONAL INSTITUTES OF HEALTH. Di Sant'Agnese, Paul A.; Jones, William O.; Dische, Zacharias // Annals of Internal Medicine;Mar61, Vol. 54 Issue 3, p482
Reports on two cases of cystic fibrosis of the pancreas, one a child and one an adult. Features of the disease; Description of some metabolic studies that lead to important considerations; Clinical investigations that point to an altered mucopolysaccharide metabolism as the possible basic...
- CYSTIC FIBROSIS. Barbero, Giulio J. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Mar61, Vol. 54 Issue 3, p586
Editorial. Comments on the problem of cystic fibrosis of the pancreas. Diagnosis and pathogenesis; Physiology of sweating; Nature of the exocrine secretory process.
- EVIDENCE OF CFTR DYSFUNCTION IN CHILDREN WITH RECURRENT PANCREATITIS. // Archives of Disease in Childhood;Apr2003 Supplement, Vol. 88, pA15
Presents an abstract of the study 'Evidence of CFTR Dysfunction in Children With Recurrent Pancreatitis,' by M. Corpino, M.A. Thompson, P.J. Milla, A. Jaffe and K.J. Lindley, presented at the 7th Spring Meeting of the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health.
- Uptake of carrier testing in families after cystic fibrosis diagnosis through newborn screening. McClaren, Belinda J.; Metcalfe, Sylvia A.; Aitken, MaryAnne; Massie, R. John; Ukoumunne, Obioha C.; Amor, David J. // European Journal of Human Genetics;Oct2010, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p1084
Newborn screening (NBS) for cystic fibrosis (CF) provides the opportunity for cascade carrier testing of relatives. Uptake of testing by adult non-parent relatives of children diagnosed with CF through NBS has not been previously described, and this study describes uptake by both parents and...
- Notable contribution of large CFTR gene rearrangements to the diagnosis of cystic fibrosis in fetuses with bowel anomalies. de Becdelièvre, Alix; Costa, Catherine; LeFloch, Annick; Legendre, Marie; Jouannic, Jean-Marie; Vigneron, Jacqueline; Bresson, Jean-Luc; Gobin, Stéphanie; Martin, Josiane; Goossens, Michel; Girodon, Emmanuelle // European Journal of Human Genetics;Oct2010, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p1166
Grade III fetal bowel hyperechogenicity and/or loop dilatation observed at the second trimester of pregnancy can be due to several disease conditions, including cystic fibrosis (CF). Screening for frequent CF mutations is performed as a first step and, in certain situations, such as when a...
- A NEW DAWN FOR THE TREATMENT OF CYSTIC FIBROSIS. Doherty, Peter; Downey, D. G. // Ulster Medical Journal;Sep2015, Vol. 84 Issue 3, p218
The article discusses the use of Ivacaftor (Kalydeco) in the treatment of patients with cystic fibrosis (CF), which targets the CF Transmembrane Conductance Regulator (CFTR) gene causing altered chloride and water transport.
- Correction: Mutations of the Cystic Fibrosis Gene in Patients with Chronic Pancreatitis. Malats, Núria; Real, Francisco X. // New England Journal of Medicine;05/20/99, Vol. 340 Issue 20, p1592
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Mutations of the cystic fibrosis gene in patients with chronic pancreatitis," by N. Sharer, seen in the September 3, 1999 issue.