Pharmacogenomics: marshalling the human genome to individualise drug therapy
- Personalized medicine, pharmacogenomics, and companion diagnostics. Brunstein, John // MLO: Medical Laboratory Observer;Feb2015, Vol. 47 Issue 2, p22
The article discusses the influence of molecular diagnostics on the growing fields of personalized medicine, pharmacogenomics, and companion diagnostics. Topics include the potential of personalized medicine treatment tailored to the genotype of the patient to oncology, the link between genotype...
- Progress continues on selecting best drugs for patients. Boughton, Barbara // Drug Topics;10/21/2002, Vol. 146 Issue 20, pHSE8
Reports on the usefulness of pharmacogenomics as tool for predicting individual patient response to drug therapy in the U.S. Initiation of the study by deputy director William E. Evans of Saint Jude Children's Research Hospital; Response of schizophrenic patients to clozapine; Identification of...
- Is There a Role for Antidepressant and Antipsychotic Pharmacogenetics in Clinical Practice in 2014? Mulsant, Benoit H.; Lenze, Eric J. // Canadian Journal of Psychiatry;Feb2014, Vol. 59 Issue 2, p59
An introduction to the periodical is presented in which the author discusses various articles within the issue on topics which include pharmacogenetics leading to personalized psychiatry, pharmacotherapy, and progress in the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of diseases.
- Response Genetics initiates $1.9M registered direct offering. // Medical Device Daily;9/23/2013, Vol. 17 Issue 183, p4
The article reports on the definitive agreements signed by Response Genetics, developer of molecular diagnostic tests for cancer, with institutional investors for the sale of its common stock in a registerd direct offering in September 2013.
- Copy number variation detection with next generation sequencing data: the impact on pharmacogenetics. McCluskey, Megan // MLO: Medical Laboratory Observer;Mar2015, Vol. 47 Issue 3, p22
The article discusses the copy number variation detection process with the addition of next-generation sequencing (NGS) information and its role in detecting genetic factors linked to diseases. Topics covered include the process is applied on various technological solutions like array...
- Pharmacogenomics as Molecular Autopsy-Genotyping CYP 450 2D6*3/*4/*5 for Certifying Antidepressants and selected Opioids-Related Toxicities. Wong, Steven H. Y.; Sahin, Elvan; Jannetto, Paul J.; Wagner, Michael A.; Schur, Chuck; Crockett, Jimmy; Udon, John A.; Risinger, Robert; Gock, Susan B.; Jentzen, Jeffrey M. // Journal of Analytical Toxicology;Apr2003, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p200
Reports that molecular diagnostic may help achieve individualization of drug therapy. Significance of pharmacogenomics to certification drug-related toxicity; Explanation of a clinical study to corroborate the same.
- UniConnect adds modules to molecular lab system. // CAP Today;Nov2015, Vol. 29 Issue 11, p86
The article discusses the addition of a toxicology and pharmacogenomics module in the Precision Molecular Diagnostics (PMDx-Tox) for bridging molecular diagnostics and toxicology through the system from UniConnect.
- Researcher outlines cost-effectiveness framework for pharmacogenomics-based therapies. // Formulary;Jul2001, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p522
Focuses on the cost-effectiveness analysis of pharmacogenomics-based therapy in Washington D.C. Individualization of drug therapy; Importance of pharmacogenomics-based drug therapy for drug safety and effectiveness; Benefits of genotyping and pharmacogenomic testing. INSETS: WHAT'S NEEDED TO...
- Dear Reader. // Molecular Diagnosis & Therapy;Dec2009, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p347
The author presents a note to the readers of the journal on its features and achievements. The high quality of content contributed to the journal this year is appreciated by the editors and publishing staff of the journal. The journal seeks to keep readers up-to-date with topical issues in...