INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: Technology
- Hitachi, NEC Ask Intel to Invest in Elpida. Deffree, Suzanne // Electronic News;1/13/2003, Vol. 49 Issue 2, pN.PAG
Reports on the call of Hitachi Ltd. and NEC Corp. for Intel Corp. to invest in Elpida Memory Inc. Aims of the Japanese companies; Estimated investment needed by Elpida; Investment of Hitachi and NEC on the company.
- Intel to Invest $100M in Elpida. // Electronic News;6/9/2003, Vol. 49 Issue 23, pN.PAG
Reports on the plan of Intel Corp. to invest in Elpida Memory Inc. Value of the investment that Intel plans to spend at Elpida; Plans of Elpida for the proceeds of the investment; Anticipation of both companies in closing the investment.
- Need to Know. // Computer Bulletin;Jul2003, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p14
The article reports developments related to the computer industry in the U.S. Dell Computer Corp. is changing its name to Dell Inc. as it aims to expand its operation from personal computer hardware into other information technology areas. Palm Inc. will purchase its rival firm Handspring Inc....
- Samsung, Infineon, Hynix, Elpida DDR400s Pass Intel's Springdale Test. // Electronic News;2/24/2003, Vol. 49 Issue 8, pN.PAG
Reports on the announcement of Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd., Infineon Technologies AG, Hynix Semiconductor Inc., and Elpida Memory Inc. that they received validation from Intel Corp. for DDR400 memory in the Springdale specification of the company. Forecast on DDR400; Available modules of...
- Elpida to Make DDR2 for Intel. Romanelli, Alex; Chappell, Jeff // Electronic News;5/12/2003, Vol. 49 Issue 19, pN.PAG
Reports on the decision of Elpida Memory Inc. to make DDR2 SDRAM for the chip sets of Intel Corp. by summer 2003. Results of the tests on Elpida DDR2; Reason why Elpida is engaged in the marketing hype for SDRAM; Speculation on Intel's investment in Elpida.
- Elpida Creates Consumer Products Division. // Electronic News;11/17/2003, Vol. 49 Issue 46, pN.PAG
Focuses on the digital consumer division formed by dynamic random access memory (DRAM) supplier Elpida Memory Inc. in November 2003. Development of a consumer DRAM product line; Design of the SDRAM device released as the first product from the new division; Amount invested by semiconductor...
- WORLDWIDE HIGHLIGHTS. // Solid State Technology;May2007, Vol. 50 Issue 5, p20
The article offers world news briefs related to solid state electronics and semiconductors. Intel Corp. will spend $1.0 to $1.5 billion for production of chips using 45-nanometer process technologies. Elpida Memory Inc. has agreed to sell 200-millimeter wafer processing equipment from its...
- Elpida will manufacture 300-mm NOR flash for Numonyx. Mutschler, Ann Steffora // Electronic News;7/14/2008, Vol. 54 Issue 28, p16
The article reports that Numonyx, formed by the flash divisions of Intel Corp and STMicroelectronics NV, has inked a foundry agreement for Elpida Memory Inc. to manufacture NOR flash memory in its 300-mm Hiroshima wafer fab. The agreement will allow Elpida to utilize its fab equipment...
- Elpida Creates Consumer Products Division. // Electronic News;12/8/2003, Vol. 49 Issue 49, pN.PAG
Reports on the plan of Elpida Memory Inc. to form a digital consumer division for the development of a consumer dynamic random access memory (DRAM) product line. Support of the division for low-voltage and advanced packaging options; Capabilities of the 128 megabit static dynamic random access...