INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: Media/Entertainment
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: MEDIA/ENTERTAINMENT. // Investment Dealers' Digest;11/29/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 46, p52
This article presents information related to investment banking in media and entertainment industry in the U.S. China's State Administration of Radio, Film and Television said it is changing its rules to allow foreign media companies to hold minority stakes of up to 49% in TV production efforts...
- Niche pix keep Gate golden. Guider, Elizabeth // Daily Variety;11/8/2005, Vol. 289 Issue 27, p1
Reports that Lions Gate Entertainment Corp. has methodically built a business by exploiting such niches as horror, teen comedies and urban artsy pictures as well as cable television dramas in the U.S. Conservative approach taken by the company in playing the Indie game in Hollywood; Financial...
- Lions Gate loss widens despite boost from TV. Fritz, Ben // Daily Variety;8/10/2005, Vol. 288 Issue 27, p4
Reports on the losses of Lions Gate Entertainment Corp. in the second quarter of 2005 in the U.S. Decline in the sales in the film division of the company; Improvement in its television revenue; Role of an increase in the company's production expenses in widening its losses.
- DEALS. // Variety;3/24/2015, Vol. 337 Issue 8, p14
This section offers news briefs concerning the entertainment industry as of March 2015, including entertainment company Lionsgate acquiring the rights to the film "Robin Hood: Origins," film producer Stacy Sher signing a first-look deal with cable television channel FX Networks and publisher...
- Power Lunch. // Hollywood Reporter;8/30/2013, Issue 30/31, p30
The article presents updates in the entertainment industry as of August 2013 including Lionsgate Co-Chair Patrick Wachsberger's meeting with producer Andy Vajna at The Grill, Michael B. Jordan joining his agent Adamm Venit at the Roof Garden and Jane Fonda's lunch at the Polo Lounge.
- Lionsgate Paces at Image's Gate--Will It Try To Bite Again? J. R. C. // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;11/20/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 44, p3
The article reports on the failure of Lions Gate Entertainment Corp. in its effort to replace Image Entertainment Inc.'s board and is faced with what to do with its 19% stake in the smaller company. Lionsgate which produces and distributes films, television programs and theater production has...
- Lionsgate Roars: Will It Bite Image's Board? Cohen, Judy Radler // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;9/18/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 35, p1
The article reports on the acquisition offer of Lions Gate Entertainment Corp. for Image Entertainment Inc. Sell-side sources say Lionsgate should stick to its $4-per-share offer for Image. In 2005, after having purchased 19% of the smaller company which licenses and distributes entertainment...
- ANALYSTS ON DVD. Wagner, Holly J. // Home Media Retailing;7/24/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 30, p44
Presents an update on the DVD home entertainment industry as of July 2005. Decline in the share price of Lions Gate Entertainment; Deterioration of buy rates among DVD households; Percentage of the revenue of Viacom derived from its home video operations.
- Lionsgate Picks Up LeapFrog Franchise. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;4/6/2008, Vol. 30 Issue 14, p8
The article reports on the global distribution deal secured by Lionsgate with LeapFrog Enterprises and rights holder/producer Chris D' Angelo. It is indicated that Lionsgate wanted to increase their share of family entertainment market through the multiyear global distribution agreement with...