INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: Industrials
- Rising Bear market. Willis, Gerri // Crain's New York Business;5/6/96, Vol. 12 Issue 19, p3
Profiles Bear Stearns and Company, an investment bank in New York. Bank's investment in a chain of restaurants called Planet Hollywood; Bank's involvement in the merger and acqusition (M&A) business; Comments from Alan D. Schwartz, investment banking chief at Bear Stearns; Total value of deals...
- Bear Axing Brokerage on Chicago Floor. // American Banker;5/1/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 83, p20
Focuses on Bear Stearns Cos., the sixth largest investment banking firm in the United States as of May 2003. Discussion of the company closing its operations at the Chicago Board Options Exchange due to the growth of electronic transactions; Background on the number of jobs lost at Wall Street...
- Bear Stearns to expand local asset management business. Ruiz-Calderon, Maricelle // Caribbean Business;10/14/1999, Vol. 27 Issue 40, p4
Focuses on the plan of New York-based investment banking and brokerage firm, Bear Stearns and Co. Inc. to expand its asset management business in Puerto Rico. Plan for the extension of the client base; Offer of additional products and services.
- Railroads and the economy. // Railway Age;Feb2008, Vol. 209 Issue 2, p9
The article reports that the U.S. economy may be sliding into a recession but the railroads have bucked that trend posting strong fourth-quarter and full-year 2007 results. Bear Stearns upgraded the railroads sector to "overweight" from "market weight," saying it is "increasingly bullish that...
- Banker: Participants Should Understand Tender-Option Bonds. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;5/2/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31627, p5
According to Nat Singer, senior managing director at Bear, Stearns & Co., market participants should understand the intricacies of tender-option bond programs, even if they are not directly involved in them, because they are having an increasingly huge effect on trading and pricing in the...
- Bear raids BA loan unit for top syndications pros. Garrity, Brian // Investment Dealers' Digest;04/19/99, Vol. 65 Issue 16, p6
Reports on investment banker Bear Stearns & Co.'s entry into the leverages lending market in April 1999. Formation of a leveraged loan origination and syndication group for its fixed income division; Entry of former Bank of America executives to Bear Stearns; Business operations.
- Bear Stearns to open office in Puerto Rico. Ruiz-Calderon, Maricelle // Caribbean Business;7/1/1999, Vol. 27 Issue 25, p6
Reports that Bear Stearns & Co. Inc., a New York-based investment banking and brokerage firm, will open an office in Puerto Rico before the end of summer 1999. Appointment of Frank Vasquez and Rodolfo Betancourt as the top executives for the Puerto Rico operations; Reasons why Bear Stearns...
- Sinclair Seeks Advice on Ownership. // MediaWeek;10/29/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 40, p28
Reports that television station owner Sinclair Broadcast Group Inc. has retained investment banking firm Bear Stearns & Co. to advise the company on its portfolio in anticipation of possible changes in cross-ownership rules and national television caps.
- Bear Wooing Venture Capitalists To Gain in Investment Banking. Leibowitz, Alissa // American Banker;2/28/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 40, p1
Discloses the plans of Bear Stearns Cos. to enhance its efforts to attract investment banking business. Hiring of Jerry Newman to head its venture capital coverage effort; Efforts of investment banks to enter the late rounds of financing for venture capital companies.