LEAVING LAS VEGAS
- Consolidation could be medicine for Gambling Bill hangover. Rutherford, James // International Gaming & Wagering;Feb2005, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p21
Discusses the importance of consolidation in the gambling industry to cope with the Gambling Bill in Great Britain. Changes made by gaming operator Stanley Leisure to increase its revenues; Partnership of Stanley founder Leonard Steinberg with Genting.
- Latino AMERICA. Chavez-Munoz, Ricki // Casino International;Oct2005, p20
Presents updates on the gaming industry in Latin America and other states. Final phase of the gaming legislation in Chile; Increase in revenue of the industry in Macau, China; Consolidation of CasinoCompendium in Lima, Peru.
- Gambling bill could rescue an industry. Casey, Joe // New Hampshire Business Review;4/9/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p16
In this article the author discusses the possibility of implementing the gambling bill to rescue the gambling industry in New Hampshire.
- Gambling on Dry Land. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;1/27/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33256, p9
The article reports on a bill poised to vote by an Indiana Senate committee that would allow casinos on Lake Michigan and the Ohio River to move onto land.
- Latino America. Munoz, Ricki Chavez // Casino International;Feb2009, p22
News briefs on the gambling industry in Latin America are presented. The governments of Uruguay and Paraguay plan to issue more casino licenses as they seek new revenues to cope with the global recession. Legislation to standardize gambling regulation has been introduced in Mexico. A casino...
- Atlantic City. // AirGuide Online.com;3/29/2010, p2
The article reports on the introduction of a law which allows four new, smaller casino-hotels in Atlantic City, New Jersey.
- Gaming Cos. Bet on Richer Takeout Multiples. Cecil, Mark // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;3/18/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p1
Provides an update on the merger and acquisition activities in the U.S. gaming industry, such as the acquisition of Boomtown Inc. by Hollywood Park Inc.
- Bettin' On More Gaming Mergers. O'Leary, Christopher // High Yield Report;7/19/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 29, p1
Focuses on the merger deals involving gaming companies in the United States.
- The show must go on... Doocey, Paul // Casino Journal;Oct2014, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p4
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including the 15th Global Gaming Expo to be held at the Sands Expo & Convention center in Las Vegas, Nevada from September 30 to October 2, 2014, the mergers and acquisition (M&A) in the gaming...