Leveraged Loans Best for CDOs?
- S&P: More Bonds May Be Downgraded. // American Banker;10/24/2007, Vol. 172 Issue 205, p17
The article reports that Standard & Poor's Corp. said it might lower the credit ratings on $20.6 billion of securities tied to U.S. mortgage loans. The company was reviewing 590 bonds sold as part of collateralized debt obligations and would decide whether to cut rankings on the securities...
- Pennsylvania CCRC Gets Stable Outlook From S&P. // Bond Buyer;5/22/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32386, p2
The article reports that Standard & Poor's Ratings Services has revised its outlook for the outstanding Series 1999 bonds issued by the Higher Education and Health Authority in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania. The bonds issued for Foulkeways at Gwynedd were also given a BBB rating on the debt....
- Seattle Home Loan Bank Downgraded. Blackwell, Rob // American Banker;12/14/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 238, p7
Reports that Standard & Poor's has downgraded the debt of the Federal Home Loan Bank of Seattle. Reasons for the downgrade; Details of the two previous banks that have been downgraded since last year.
- Good Times for Goodyear. Philyaw, Jason // Bond Buyer;6/10/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32896, p8
The article reports on the upgrades received by Goodyear on its general obligation debt, water and sewer revenue debt, and improvement bonds from Standard & Poor's Corp. ahead of a $44.5 million sale in Arizona. The rating agency upgraded the improvement bonds issued by Goodyear on behalf of the...
- More S&P Scrutiny for Syndicate Banks. Duran, Nicole // American Banker;10/22/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 202, p23
Focuses on the observation of Standard and Poor (S&P) on banks participating in large syndicated loans in the United States. Identification of 192.8 billion dollars worth of problematic loans; Scrutiny of banks by S&P; Revelation of potential in further loan quality deterioration.
- EU Hopefuls: Bond Convergence. // Emerging Markets Monitor;8/2/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 16, p15
Presents updates on emerging markets in the European Union as of August 2004. Debt of Bulgaria; Foreign currency rating given by Standard & Poor's to Croatia; Performance of Romanian debt.
- S&P Cool on Housing. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;4/15/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31863, p29
Reports that Standard & Poor's has took rating action on several housing bond. Downgrade debyt issued by the Atlanta Urban Residential Finance Authority and the DeKalb County Housing Authority; Assessment of Atlanta, Georgia multifamily bonds; Debt service coverage ratios at yearend 2003.
- Connecticut Affirmed by S&P After Gov. Resigns. // Bond Buyer;6/23/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31911, p2
Reports on the designation of AA ratings to Connecticut's economic recovery general obligation (GO) notes and outstanding GO debt by rating agency Standard & Poor's Corp. Values of the GO notes and GO debt; Views of analysts on the rating; Implication for the stable outlook for the GO notes and...
- S&P Drops LOC-Providing Landesbanks, One Stays Put. Herman, Jack // Bond Buyer;5/13/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33114, p7
The article reports on the downgrade ratings on five of the six rated German Landesbank given by Standard & Poor's in the U.S. The agency attributed the downgrade to busines model and credit concerns. The long-term rating of Bayerische Landesbank was downgraded to BBB-plus from A and its...