More Media Mergers Expected
- Media Wire. Granatstein, Lisa; Moses, Lucia; Shields, Todd // MediaWeek;8/11/2003, Vol. 13 Issue 29, p4
Presents updates on mass media in the U.S. as of August 2003. Forecast of Veronis Suhler Stevenson on the newspaper business; Details of a lawsuit filed by critics of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission to block additional regulations on broadcast ownership; Decision of U.S. Senator...
- Trade magazines' influence wanes. Callahan, Sean // B to B;6/7/2004, Vol. 89 Issue 6, p14
A new report by media merchant bank firm Veronis Suhler Stevenson (VSS) chronicles the rise of the communications industry as an economic force. But the report also shows the waning influence of trade publications. It defines the communications industry broadly, including TV advertising, book...
- We're All Marketers Now. Smith, Steve // EContent;Nov2009, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p9
The article discusses the shift to marketing from advertising in the mass media market. Media investment firm Veronis Suhler Stevenson reported the consistent shrinking of market share for advertisement-supported pieces. Veronis revealed that marketing services segment now accounts for 25...
- Despite New Approaches, Traditional Media Prevail. Mandese, Joe // Television Week;8/11/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 32, p13
Reports on the trend in media planning in the U.S. as of August 2003. Creation of strategic planning positions; Information on the 2003 edition of Veronis Suhler Stevenson's Communication Industry Forecast; Share of advertising budgets that will be enjoyed by traditional advertising in 2007.
- Veronis: Ad Spending Will Surpass 2000. Cardona, Mercedes M. // Television Week;8/2/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 31, p1
Reports on the result of the Communications Industry Forecast & Report conducted by merchant bank Veronis Suhler Stevenson about advertising in the U.S. as of August 2004. Increase in advertising expenditures; Difference between the expenses in traditional media and marketing services; Effects...
- Media spending growth sluggish. Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;9/11/2006, Vol. 396 Issue 4, p5
The article reports that overall U.S. communications spending growth will accelerate this year from 6.3 percent to 7.2 precent. According to latest data released by private equity and mezzanine capital-fund management company Veronis Suhler Stevenson, total spending on the key entertainment...
- Veronis media forecast bullish on b-to-b. // B to B;8/11/2003, Vol. 88 Issue 9, p6
Despite continued sluggish spending on business-to-business (b-to-b) media in the U.S., media merchant bank Veronis Suhler Stevenson is bullish about the sector's prospects for growth in the period 2002-2007. Veronis Suhler predicts b-to-b magazines will grow at a 4.7% compound annual rate and...
- Big TV networks get bigger: Is that good or bad? Chinni, Dante // Christian Science Monitor;4/20/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 102, p2
Discusses the decision of the United States Federal Communications Commission to loosen the rules that prevented television networks from acquiring one another, and comments on the outlook for the media industry.
- FCC Plans For Loosening Limits Likely To Proceed. Holland, Bill // Billboard;6/7/2003, Vol. 115 Issue 23, p6
Reports on the possible approval of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission's plan to further relax media ownership regulations on June 2, 2003. Actions taken by its opponents; Overview of the proposed changes made in the regulations.