Georgia Governor Vetoes Derivatives Bill, Saying More Protection Needed
- Commodity groups weigh in on Sec. of Ag choice. // BEEF Exclusive Insight;1/19/2017, p1
The article offers information on the nomination of Sonny Perdue as the Secretary of Agriculture of the U.S. by President-elect Donald Trump.
- Trump said to nominate Sonny Perdue as Agriculture Secretary. // Delta Farm Press Exclusive Insight;1/19/2017, p1
The article announces about the appointment of Sonny Perdue III as the U.S. secretary of agriculture by President-elect Donald J. Trump.
- Lientz Wants Changes. Shipp, Bill // Georgia Trend;Jul2003, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p15
Sonny Perdue's appointee as Georgia's chief operating officer, told the Buckhead Business Association recently that it amounted to nothing less than "chaos" to have all 236 members of the General Assembly run for re-election at the same time every two years. Jim Lientz, Gov. Sonny, said 30...
- Who's Got The Power? Shipp, Bill // Georgia Trend;Aug2003, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p106
On paper, Georgia has one of the most powerful governors in the United States. But Georgia governor Sonny Perdue has relaxed his grip on the levers of authority and, as a result, lost one battle after another in the 2003 legislative session. A retired Bank of America executive, Jim Lientz, is...
- House approves 2000 budget bill. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;10/29/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30758, p5
Reports on the approval of a compromise version of the District of Columbia's $4.29 billion fiscal 2000 spending bill after the House and Senate negotiators attached a $313 billion health, education and welfare appropriations bill to it that virtually assures President Bill Clinton will veto the...
- Merial celebrates decade in animal health. // DVM: The Newsmagazine of Veterinary Medicine;Sep2007, Vol. 38 Issue 9, p24
The article reports on the anniversary celebration of animal health company Merial in Duluth, Georgia. It states that the company celebrates the milestone under the theme of "Shaping Animal Health Together." Also, the party included a proclamation from Governor Sonny Perdue, Doctor of Veterinary...
- GEORGIA: Special justice appointed to hear same-sex marriage arguments. // Gay & Lesbian Times;6/8/2006, Issue 963, p32
The article reports on the appointment of a special justices to hear an appeal involving the state's constitutional ban on same-sex marriage in Georgia. Harold Melton, former counsel to governor Sonny Perdue, was named in legal papers challenging the same-sex marriage ban from his time in the...
- ENERGIZING ENVIRONMENTAL ISSUES. Rasmussen, Patty // Georgia Trend;May2007, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p115
The article focuses on the role of former Georgia-Pacific Corp. President Lee Thomas in helping Georgia to create its energy policy. In August 2006, Thomas was tapped by Governor Sonny Perdue to chair the Georgia Energy Policy Council, a 22-member committee charged with developing a state energy...
- Trump said to nominate Sonny Perdue as Agriculture Secretary. // Southeast Farm Press Exclusive Insight;1/19/2017, p1
The article announces that Sonny Perdue III was nominated as U.S. Agriculture Secretary by U.S. president-elect Donald Trump.