N.J. Eyes Bonds for Business Incentive Plan
- N.J. Eyes $2B Referndum. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;10/14/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31739, p1
Reports on the consideration of a bond referendum issuance by New Jersey Governor James E. McGreevey. Total amount of bonds the Governor proposed to issue; Proceeds of the sale; Condition on the inclusion of the referendum in the 2004 ballot.
- With Its Credit Ratings Affirmed, New Jersey to Offer $490M of Debt. D'Ambrosio, Jill // Bond Buyer;3/26/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31850, p1
Reports that the New Jersey has sold new money general obligation debt and certificates of participation. Affirmation of the AA rating of the Garden state; Spending plan of Governor James E. McGreevey; Assessment of the structural imbalance.
- Stadium Saga. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;12/17/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31286, p37
Reports that governor James McGreevey has succeeded to cancel legislative bills related to the issue of bonds for the development of stadiums in New Jersey. Concerns of acting governor Donald DiFranceso related to the issue; Comments of DiFrancesco on the benefits of bills.
- N.J. Governor Eyes Tobacco For '03 Plan. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;3/27/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31353, p1
Reports the proposed budget for tobacco bonds by Governor James E. McGreevey in Trenton, New Jersey. Restructure of state authorities to help close a budget deficit; Proposal for increase in the cigarette tax; Pledge of McGreevey to support school construction program.
- New Jersey Bond Law Veto Called a Short-Term Delay. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;11/15/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31514, p6
Reports that New Jersey governor James E. McGreevey has vetoed a bill that would make it easier for local governments to issue refunding bonds and permit electronic bidding. Objections regarding issuance of local pension refunding bonds; Proposals made by Local Government Services; Other...
- N.J. Legislature Weighs Smaller Cigarette Tax Hike. D'Ambrosio, Jill // Bond Buyer;6/17/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31907, p28
Reports that the New Jersey lawmakers were debating whether or not to reduce the per-pack increase on cigarette taxes as proposed by Governor James E. McGreevey's fiscal 2005 budget. Impact of hike of cigarette taxes on bonds; Assessment of the structure of the borrowing; Evaluation of the budget.
- The Real Scandal Is Illegal Borrowing. Scarry, Donald M. // njbiz;7/26/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 30, p16
Focuses on the contract bonds adopted by New Jersey Governor James McGreevey and the New Jersey courts. Provision on public debt under the New Jersey Constitution; Information on the fund borrowed by the governor for the fiscal-year 2005 budget; Disadvantage of borrowing fund from contract bonds.
- N.J. Schools Have Until Jan.1 to OK merger; $2B Deal on the Hook. D'Ambrosio, Gillian // Bond Buyer;11/21/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31767, p4
Reports on the plans of Governor James E. McGreevey to consolidate three universities in New Jersey. Deadline imposed by McGreevey for the universities to declare their support for the project; Impact of the universities' expressions of support on the voter approval for a bond issue.
- N.J. Agency Could OK Up to $2.7B. D'Ambrosio, Jill // Bond Buyer;7/13/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31924, p1
Reports on the scheduled voting of the New Jersey Economic Development Authority whether to approve a multibillion-dollar state contract bonds issue. Intended purpose of the issue; Estimate of John McCormac, state treasurer, on the size of the deal; Reference to a case against Democratic...