Maryland University System to Receive $102.5M in 4 Deals for 3 Campuses
- NORTHEAST Bond-Watch. // Bond Buyer;9/16/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31471, p35
Reports business developments in the U.S. as of September 16, 2002. Plan of Maryland Economic Development Corp. to issue tax-exempt lease revenue bonds; Appointment of Harold D. Williams to a five-year term on the Maryland Public Service Commission; Decline of the rating for Elliot Hospital.
- Summer School Session. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;6/30/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31667, p1
It may be summer break for most University System of Maryland (USM) students, but the system will be busy during July and August 2003, cranking out both new-money and refunding bonds even as budget cuts loom. The university and the Maryland Economic Development Corp. are planning a string of...
- Maryland to Issue $27 Million For U.S. DOD Telecom Facility. // Bond Buyer;7/18/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31680, p28
Focuses on the plans of Maryland Economic Development Corp. to issue taxable lease revenue bonds that will benefit the U.S. Department of Defense. Rating of the bonds; Purpose of the proceeds to be attained from the sale; Factors that led to the bonds' taxation.
- Rare Maryland High-Yield Deal Sells Well in Spite of Criticism. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;06/22/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30667, p1
Reports that the Maryland Economic Development Corp. has sold $18 million of student housing revenue bonds on behalf of Towson State University. Market criticisms faced by the deal; Structure of the bonds.
- Moody's Affirms Bonds Sold for Maryland's Salisbury University. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;8/5/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31442, p5
Reports the revision of the credit rating on the college housing bonds of Maryland Economic Development Corp. in the U.S. Stability of demand for student housing facilities; Generation of net revenue; Variation of the leasing structure.
- QZAB Applications. // Bond Buyer;10/18/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30749, p2A
Reports that cities of Bridgeport and New Haven in Connecticut are preparing applications for the state's qualified zone academy bonds to fund school renovations. Selling of bonds that pay corporations federal tax credits in lieu of interest.
- Houston Schools Set to Ask Voters For $808.6 Million Authorization. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/10/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31424, p1
Reports the plan of the board of trustees of the Houston Independent School District to call for a general obligation bond election in Dallas, Texas. Approval from the Houston voters on the election plan; Total students served by the district; Need for additional finance for school construction.
- Repeat Victory. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;10/2/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31749, p31
Reports that voters in Winfield, Kansas has approved the issuance of general obligation bonds to build and repair schools. Amount of bonds to be issued; Margin of victory in the election.
- Busing funds would cover Milwaukee schools' new debt. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;6/10/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30659, p31
Reports that the Milwaukee Public Schools in Wisconsin will receive $200 million of bond proceeds for schools under a program to end forced busing. Endorsement of the program by the Wisconsin Legislature's Joint Finance Committee; Inclusion of the bonds in the proposed budget.