For Washington Lawmakers, Yet Another Special Session
- Governor vetoes political-activity bill. // AHA News;05/26/97, Vol. 33 Issue 20, p6
Reports that Washington Governor Gary Locke has vetoed a bill that would have barred organizations from engaging in campaigns for or against ballot initiatives.
- Commerce Secretary Locke Outlines Key Issues In China. Mclaughlin, Kathleen E.; Casabona, Liza; Chinafotopress // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/16/2009, Vol. 198 Issue 11, p8
The article presents information on the official visit of U.S. Commerce Secretary Gary Locke. Locke said that U.S.-China relations were the most important trade relationship in the world, and he outlined crucial issues to be jointly addressed. Locke spoke directly on China's recent central...
- Washington. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;08/01/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30200, p47
Reports on Washington Governor Gary Locke's appointment of members to the Public Stadium Authority to oversee the construction and operation of a planned stadium in Seattle.
- Wash. Gov Locke vetoes food-code upgrade bill. // Nation's Restaurant News;4/29/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 17, p62
Reports on the disapproval of governor Garry Locke to the food compliance regulation in Olympia, Washington.
- Washington Governor Proposes $22.9 Billion Budget, No Tax Increases. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;12/18/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31535, p31
Reports on the $22.9 billion budget proposal given by Governor Gary Locke for Washington for 2003-2005. Requirements under the plan to deal with a projected $2 billion deficit; Issues to be covered by proposal; Plans on raising the salaries of teachers; Raise in funds for student achievement;...
- 10 Things You Didn't Know About Gary Locke. // U.S. News Digital Weekly;3/6/2009, Vol. 1 Issue 7, p25
A list of the top ten things people do not know about Gary Locke, who was nominated as the next commerce secretary, is presented including his birth date, birth place, and his support for Hillary Clinton during the 2008 presidential primaries.
- Trade High on Agenda With India: Commerce Sec'y Locke. // India -- West;10/29/2010, Vol. 35 Issue 49, pA26
The article reports that according to American Commerce Secretary Gary Locke, U.S. Present Barack Obama's visit to India would focus on trade between the two countries.
- Planning considerations for special tax incentives. // Ohio CPA Journal;Aug93, Vol. 52 Issue 4, p14
Discusses planning considerations for special tax incentives under SFAS No. 106. Section 179 expensing; Extension of research and targeted jobs credit and educational benefits; Capital gains exclusion for small businesses; Application of earned income credit for low-income taxpayers; Advice for...
- Rossello hopeful on consideration of plan. Ruano, Lida Estela // Caribbean Business;11/9/1995, Vol. 23 Issue 45, p46
Reports on Puerto Rico Governor Pedro Rossello's expectation that President Bill Clinton will approve a federal tax incentive very similar to his wage credit proposal to substitute Section 936. Senate Majority Leader Robert Dole's comments favoring a review of Rossello's proposal; Likely...