First Albany Brings in Jiles to Help Expand Into Texas Market
- First Albany opens Virginia office with an eye on taxable muni growth. Sherman, Lynn // Bond Buyer;07/27/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30691, p25
Reports on First Albany Corp.'s opening of an office for its municipal bond operations in Virginia, as part of an effort to expand its footprint and specialty areas across the United States. Staffing of the office; First Albany's clients who issue taxable municipals; Locations of First Albany's...
- First Union to Buy First Albany Unit for $100M. HUNTER, MATTHEW // American Banker;5/10/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 90, p4
Reports on First Union Securities Inc.'s agreement to acquire First Albany Cos.' private asset management business in Albany, New York. Assets added to First Union's holdings resulting from the deal; First Union's plans in managing the business.
- First Albany Opts for Dynamic Statements. // On Wall Street;Oct99, Vol. 9 Issue 10, p23
Focuses on the automation of financial statements issued by financial services firms in the United States. Remarks from Virginia Gobats of financial consulting firm Dalbar; Information on the customer statements of First Albany Corp.; Advantages of using Internet statements; Significance of...
- WHO'S HOT. // Investment Dealers' Digest;4/12/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 15, p23
Ranks the top stock brokerage companies in the U.S. as of April 2004. First Albany Corp.; Legg Mason Inc.; Ameritrade Holding Corp.
- 1st Albany Unit Hires Dallas Office Head. // American Banker;12/17/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 241, p7
Announces that Vincent Matrone joined First Albany Capital as senior vice president, and will head up the company's new Dallas office. Profile of First Albany, an investment banking, sales, and trading division of First Albany Cos.; Profile of Matrone.
- Muni bonding at First Albany. Furman, Phyllis; Lentz, Philip // Crain's New York Business;11/04/96, Vol. 12 Issue 45, p6
Comments on the performance of First Albany Corporation. Effect of gyrating interest rates on the performance of First Albany; Views of Art Murphy, muni bond chief at First Albany Corporation.
- First Albany appoints former principal banker. Williamson, Tammy // Bond Buyer;04/13/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30370, p3
Focuses on First Albany Corp.'s appointment of executives as part of an expansion of its office in Chicago, Illinois. Hiring of Frank Paul as the firm's public finance banker; Comment by Ken Gibbs, co-director of First Albany's municipal finance division.
- Becoming A Boutique. Hahn, Avital Louria // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/28/2002, Vol. 68 Issue 41, p36
Reports that investment bank First Albany Corp. in the U.S. is redeveloping itself to become one of the prominent investment banking boutiques in the country. Financial details of the company; Role of Robert Gales, executive managing director in the company; People who have been hired by the...
- First Albany Pays to Stay. // On Wall Street;Apr2000, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p14
Reveals that First Albany Corp. has begun paying annual bonuses to brokers who stay with the firm. Number of financial consultants employed by First Albany; Turnover rate of brokers; Details on the bonus plan.