Virginia Lines Up Game Plan for Proposed Ballpark
- D.C. Could Sell $349M For Ballpark. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;3/11/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31590, p1
Reports on possible issuance of multimillion dollar in municipal bonds for building a ballpark in Washington D.C. Estimated price tag for building the ballpark; Imposition of various taxes to collect money for building the ballpark; Ratings assigned to the bonds.
- Ballpark financing no surprise to experts. Allen, Mike // San Diego Business Journal;02/28/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p1
Reports the plans of city officials to borrow money to fund the Padres ballpark in San Diego, California. Need to obtain money as part of the memorandum of understanding negotiated between the city and Padres; Issuance of tax-exempt municipal bonds; Estimates of annual bond payments; Financial...
- Standoff continues over payments for Milwaukee stadium. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/15/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30500, p31
Reports that government officials of Milwaukee, Wisconsin, are opposing the Southeast Wisconsin Professional Baseball Park District's call on the city to increase its financial support for the construction of a new ballpark. Board's rejection of the city's proposal; City government's rejection...
- Stadium First, Then Team. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/21/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32323, p33
The article reports that the Springdale City Council in Arkansas has approved a plan to issue as much as $30 million of bonds to finance a minor league baseball stadium. The city has formed the Northwest Arkansas Sports Authority to serve as conduit issuer for the bonds.
- Fresno, Calif., Readies $45 Million Deal for New Baseball Stadium. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;05/18/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31142, p33
Discusses plans by Fresno, California, and its redevelopment agency to bring to market on May 30, 2001, a $45 million lease revenue bond deal to fund a new baseball stadium for the Triple-A Fresno Grizzlies. Structuring and pricing of the deal; Awarding of Mauldin Dorfmier Construction the...
- N.J. to Get Yet Another Stadium, This One in Lakewood. Mercurio, Stephanie // Bond Buyer;03/29/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30859, p5
Reports on a municipal bond-funded minor league baseball stadium being planned for Lakewood, New Jersey. Use of the facility as the home of the relocating Cape Fear Crocs baseball team; Issuance of bonds by the New Jersey Economic Development Authority to finance construction.
- Hennepin County Selling $120M Piece for Twins Ballpark. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;4/1/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32847, p32
The article reports on a $120 million of fixed-rate revenue bonds selling by Hennepin County, Minnesota. The bonds were the second of the three financings that will raise the $350 million needed to finance the public share of the Minnesota Twins' new ballpark. The county held a retail order...
- Conway, Ark., Readies $14M for Youth Sports Complexes. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;11/14/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32754, p5
The article reports that the city of Conway in Arkansas is planning to spend the negotiated sale of $14.1 million of capital improvement bonds in the construction of youth sports complexes. The city will build a sport complex with nine baseball fields for boys at the former Faulkner County...
- D.C. Ballpark Debt to Sell This Month. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;4/3/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32352, p1
The article reports that the District of Columbia will sell bonds valued at $535 million to finance the construction of a baseball stadium to house the Washington Nationals. The bonds will be sold in late April 2006, instead of mid-May 2006 schedule. The date has been moved up because the...