Maryland County Council's Vote Is Bad News for Proposed Connector
- Push is on for road funding. Lane, Amy // Crain's Detroit Business;12/10/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 50, p1
The article presents information related to Michigan road funding. It is reported that supporters of increased Michigan road funding continue to make a strong push in the Capitol, as the Legislature's immediate attention turns beyond budget crises and taxes. Road builders and others also are...
- Highway funding plan has no fuel tax hike. // Refrigerated Transporter;Jun2003, Vol. 39 Issue 25, p19
Reports on U.S. President George W. Bush's release of a highway funding plan with no proposals to raise fuel taxes.
- HOUSE PANELS SEEK $4.4 BILLION. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;5/13/2002, Vol. 248 Issue 18, p16
Reports the approval of the additional budget for the roads in fiscal 2003 by the House of Transportation and Infrastructure Committee in the U.S. Amount of budget requested; Importance of highway funding; Agreement of the committee on the approved budget.
- Ryan's first road test is passage of new transit bill. // Crain's Chicago Business;12/21/98, Vol. 21 Issue 51, p10
Calls on Illinois legislators to approve legislation that would provide needed funds for mass transit and road projects. Key Chicago-area projects that are in need of capital; Importance of an effective transportation system to the economy.
- Arkansas' Huckabee impanels work group to devise highway funding plan. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;07/21/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30191, p36
Reports on Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee's creation of a special panel tasked to formulate a funding plan for the state's highways. Possible use of bonds as a financing option; Panel's plans to hold hearings to solicit financing ideas; Existing sources of funding for the state's highways.
- Road Failure. Page, Paul // Traffic World;10/11/2004, Vol. 268 Issue 41, p4
Editorial. Comments on the gap between the transportation needs of the U.S. and the U.S. Congress' approach to addressing those needs. National strategy for improving the country's transportation infrastructure; Legislative umbrella for planned highway spending.
- Legislature passes Highway Funding Bill. // Malakoff News (TX);6/5/2015, Vol. 106 Issue 23, p3
The article reports that the Texas Legislature has approved the Senate Join Resolution 5 of Texas Senator Robert Nichols that will constitutionally dedicate $3 billion per year to the State Highway Fund (SHF).
- Cyclists oppose scheme to arrow LGVs to use bus lanes. Tindall, Chris // Commercial Motor;3/6/2008, Vol. 207 Issue 5270, p10
The article reports that the Norfolk County Council in England is battling a backlash against plans to allow Foulger Transport to use bus lanes in Norwich, England to boost interest in the company's freight consolidation centre (FCC). Cyclists' lobby group Norwich Cycling Campaign says that it...
- North Texas leaders consider legislative lobbyist. WIMMER, LESLIE // Fort Worth Business Press;9/15/2008, Vol. 20 Issue 36, p4
This article reports on the plan of North Texas regional leaders to hire a lobbyist to manage the area's transportation needs at the 2009 meeting of the Texas Legislature. According to 35W Coalition president Russell Laughlin, the plan is attributed to the number of projects that the area needs...