California Hospital to Ask IRS to Keep Bonds Tax-Exempt
- AHA argues new tax-exempt bond regs will limit acquisition financing. Baisden, Harry // AHA News;7/15/2002, Vol. 38 Issue 27, p6
Reports on the agreement of the American Hospital Association (AHA) with the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) regarding its proposed regulations on tax exempt bonds issued by states and local governments. Effect of some of the regulation's restrictions on particular type of financing;...
- City approves issuing tax notes. Brown, Hal // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);12/10/2008, Vol. 136 Issue 50, p1A
The article reports that the Burnet City Council in Texas has approved the issuance of almost $1 million in tax notes, in which council members are making effort to make sure that the notes could be processed by the end of December 2008.
- Gilts and bonds. Greene, Chris; Maddalena, Christina // Accountancy;Sep95, Vol. 116 Issue 1225, p111
Reports on the British government's plan to pursue its reform of the taxation of gilts and bonds. Approval of Chancellor of the Exchequer Kenneth Clarke of an official gilt strip market; Tax payment of private investors, individuals and trusts; Absence of gains or loss on death.
- Enterprise zone facility bonds. // Practical Accountant;Aug96, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p22
Reports on the US Internal Revenue Service's (IRS) release of final regulations relating to the issuance of enterprise zone facility bonds by state and local governments.
- Private activity bond restrictions. // Practical Accountant;Feb95, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p20
Reports on proposals concerning private activity bond restrictions applicable to tax-exempt bonds issued by US states and local government.
- Investors to appeals court: Reverse decision on taxability of California county bond issue. Stanton, Michael // Bond Buyer;07/02/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30179, p4
Discloses that a trio of investors is asking the US Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit to reverse its decision that interest on a Riverside County, California Housing Authority bond issue from the mid-1980s is taxable. Details of a brief filed by investors with the court; Importance of...
- Tax legislation municipal bond box score. // Bond Buyer;07/02/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30179, p5
Presents a chart which compares the provisions of the existing tax law governing municipal bonds with changes included in the tax bills approved by the House and Senate as well as the changes proposed by United States president Bill Clinton. Alternative minimum tax; Arbitrage rebate...
- Compliance with tax-exempt bond arbitrage requirements. // Practical Accountant;Nov96, Vol. 29 Issue 11, p22
Reports on the provisions of IRS Rev. Procedure 96-41 regarding the extension of the deadline for compliance with state or local bonds used for non-purpose investments.
- District of Columbia Plans $900M lssue in November. GLAZIER, KYLE // Bond Buyer;10/16/2012, Vol. 382 Issue 33797, p3
The article informs that the District of Columbia is planning to issue the income tax-secured bond of 900 million U.S. dollars in November 2012.