Beige Book: Economy Still Sluggish
- Interest rate cut remains a possibility. Hoxter, Curtis J. // Caribbean Business;4/17/2003, Vol. 31 Issue 15, p12
Reports on the possibility of the Federal Reserve Board to cut interest rate with the economic recession in the U.S. Impact of interest rate cut on consumer behavior; Alternative plans of the agency should the recession persists; Effect of the war-related anxiety on the U.S. economic growth.
- Announcements. // Federal Reserve Bulletin;Apr2003, Vol. 89 Issue 4, p177
Announces the U.S. Federal Reserve Board's laws on economy. Equal Credit Opportunity Act; Advisory on mortgage banking activities; Regulation on securities underwriting.
- Fed Report signals softer recovery than earlier expected. Hoxter, Curtis J. // Caribbean Business;6/27/2002, Vol. 30 Issue 26, p14
Presents highlights of the U.S. Federal Reserve's economic report for the year ended May 2002. Level of retail sales; Car sales in various regions; Higher levels of factory production, shipments and orders in most regions; Upward trend in the tourism and hospitality industry; Residential real...
- Speak Plainly. Kudlow, Lawrence // Financial Planning;Dec98, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p176
Comments on the indirectness of the public announcement of the United States Federal Reserve Board about the condition of the economy. Discussion concerning the economy's performance; Status of the stocks and bonds market.
- Growth Slow to Moderate, Beige Book Reports. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;12/1/2011, Vol. 378 Issue 33625, p2
The article focuses on the report from the U.S. Federal Reserve that the economy has expanded slowly in 2011.
- Beige Book Finds Growth Is Picking Up the Pace. Glazier, Kyle // Bond Buyer;1/12/2012, p2
The article offers information on a report by the Federal Reserve Board's Beige Book which indicates that expanded economic activity during December 2011 suggests an ongoing improvement in the economic conditions.
- Tricky times for the Fed. Beckner, Steven K. // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Jul2002, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p24
Discusses the challenges brought about by the U.S. economy to the policymakers at the U.S. Federal Reserve in the year 2002. Economic recovery from a mild recession; Increase in the federal funds rate; Depreciation of the dollar; Rise in gold prices.
- Financial policy makers confident. Hoxter, Curtis J. // Caribbean Business;11/12/1998, Vol. 26 Issue 45, p14
Reports that the United States Federal Reserve Board (FRB) members are pursuing its aim to reassure the financial market. Economic condition of the country; Concerns of the FRB; Observation on the economy.
- Fed Reports Heavy Consumer Lending; Biz Demand Off. GARVER, ROB // American Banker;10/24/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 204, p4
Reports on the release of a periodic report entitled 'Beige Book' by the U.S. Federal Reserve Board that discusses prevailing economic conditions across the country. Demand for nonresidential mortgages in New York and credit standards for such loans; Interest rates on loans and deposits in New...