Despite Pact, PFM Gave to Pataki in '01
- N.Y. Charitable Organizations Given Legislative OK To Form Their Own Non-Profit Insurance Companies. // Insurance Advocate;01/06/2001, Vol. 112 Issue 1, p7
Focuses on the S.7327-A as Chapter 598, a law signed by New York State Governor George E. Pataki which allows charitable organizations in the state to join together and form their own non-profit insurance companies. Sponsor of the bill; Provisions of the law.
- $2.8M awarded in juvenile justice grants. Pedone, Rose Robin // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);07/09/2000, Vol. 46 Issue 28, p8A
Reports on news briefs about law in Long Island, New York as of July 9, 1999. Includes Governor George Pataki's launch of grants for programs to fight juvenile crime and delinquency; Election of lawyer Lawrence Eric Davidow to the board of the National Elder Law Foundation; Appointment of lawyer...
- New law to create prostate cancer tax check-off box announced. // Westchester County Business Journal;8/16/2004, Vol. 43 Issue 33, p22
Reports on the approval of a legislation by Governor George E. Pataki to create a new voluntary check-off on state-income tax forms for donations to prostate cancer research and prevention efforts in New York. Use of matching private funds to support cancer research; Enhancement of awareness of...
- Business leaders greet Pataki with numbers and enthusiasm. Crotty, Gail V. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;4/3/95, Vol. 6 Issue 24, p1
Reports on New York Governor George Pataki's 1995 visit to Hudson Valley, New York. Message of careful cost-cutting and reduction in government size and business regulations; Focus on worker's compensation as an area that requires the greatest change; Comments on the State University of New...
- Hosting the governor requires preparations, security measures. Crotty, Gail V. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;4/3/95, Vol. 6 Issue 24, p8
Reports on the preparations at the Mid-Hudson Valley Conference Center luncheon during the New York Governor George Pataki's 1995 visit to Hudson Valley. Security measures; Complications from members of the country club.
- Pataki hails signing of $17 million Sterling Forest funding by Clinton. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;11/25/96, Vol. 7 Issue 15, p43
Reports on Governor George Pataki's commendation for President Clinton for signing into law a legislation that will allow New York and New Jersey to move forward with their agreement to protect Sterling Forest. Implications of the acquisition of Sterling Forest; Agreement to protect and...
- Inaugural fund-raiser. Furman, Phyllis; Lentz, Philip // Crain's New York Business;12/12/94, Vol. 10 Issue 50, p6
Reports on New York Governor-elect George Pataki's post-election fund-raiser for the January 1, 1995 inauguration.
- Politicians live (and die) by their images. Duby, Christopher Y. // Westchester County Business Journal;5/29/95, Vol. 34 Issue 22, p4
Opinion. Comments on the projected image of New York Governor George Pataki. Maintenance of the image of Pataki; Upsides and downsides of images.
- Dollface. Traub, James // New Yorker;1/15/96, Vol. 71 Issue 44, p28
Profiles New York Governor George Pataki. Comparison with Mario Cuomo; Ending of government expansion in New York State; Budget proposal for 1996; Reverence for Theodore Roosevelt; Pataki's temperament as his greatest political asset; Family background.