Merger Success: Long Island Hospital Readies $85M Deal
- Drug crackdown. Sisson, Mary // Crain's New York Business;7/7/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 27, p3
North Shore-Long Island Jewish Health System had paid enough. For three years, the 18-hospital network had seen its drug costs increase 8% to 10% annually, or more than $10 million. While the rising cost of drugs for consumers has been the subject of much discussion and debate, less attention...
- Six Sigma project reduces analytical errors in an automated lab. Riebling, Nancy; Tria, Laurel // MLO: Medical Laboratory Observer;Jun2005, Vol. 37 Issue 6, p20
Focuses on the implementation of the Six Sigma laboratory model at the North Shore-Long Island Jewish Health System in New York. Methodology and definition of the laboratory model; Advantages of Six Sigma over other laboratory models; Citation of methods incorporated in implementing the model.
- North Shore-LIJ looks to grab more turf. Pallarito, Karen // Modern Healthcare;05/24/99, Vol. 29 Issue 21, p16
Reports on the merger the North Shore-Long Island Jewish Health System company and the Peconic Health Corp. Advantages of the deal for both companies; Effects of an antitrust investigation conducted by the New York State against Peconic on the deal.
- New York systems embark on joint quality venture. // AHA News;03/15/99, Vol. 35 Issue 10, p5
Features the joint venture of Mount Sinai Medical Center & Health System and North Shore-Long Island Jewish Health System in New York. Aim of the project in quality of care; Focus of the two systems; Considerations for joint ventures involving mental and behavioral health.
- Financial assistanceï¿½Adrian's story. // AHA News;7/6/2009, Vol. 45 Issue 14, p6
A reprint of the article "Financial Assistance...Adrian's Story," published in the community benefit report of the North Shore-LIJ Health System, is presented. North shore covered 99 percent of the medical bills of Adrian Gordon who suffered from a car crash that fractured his spine. Because...
- Malpradke costs have docs seeking shelter elsewhere. Snyder, Alison // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);1/25/2008, Vol. 55 Issue 4, p5A
The article reports on the risk that the price of malpractice insurance will lead to a health-care access crisis for pregnant women and lower-income patients in New York. Donn Haber of North Shore-Long Island Jewish Health System states that the insurance costs force the obstetricians and...
- Story seller. Solnik, Claude // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);3/7/2003, Vol. 50 Issue 10, p5A
Reports on the advertisement of North Shore-LIJ Health System. Marketing strategy of the company; Strategies of advertising firm Welch Nehlen Groome.
- Agreements/contracts. // Medical Device Daily;7/25/2012, Vol. 16 Issue 143, p3
The article reports that The Long Island Home in Amityville, New York, operator of South Oaks Hospital has joined the North Shore-LIJ Health System.
- NY health system investing in human capital. Costello, Mary Ann // AHA News;06/24/2002, Vol. 38 Issue 24, p6
Reports that the North Shore-Long Island Jewish Health System based in Great Neck, New York is using career advancement opportunities and focuses on nursing excellence to help market itself as an employer of choice. Information on the registered nurse program launched by the health system;...