Ohio Lawmakers Weighing Major Reforms of Municipal Tax System
- State and local taxes will take biggest bite out of U.S. business. // Fairfield County Business Journal;04/29/96, Vol. 35 Issue 18, p6
Cites the results of a Coopers & Lybrand latest `Trendsetter Barometer' survey, which revealed that state and local taxes are the most rapidly increasing portion of corporations' overall tax liability. Survey of chief executive officers at America's fastest growing companies.
- Capping rules hit districts as mets face 30% tax hike. Wild, Damian // Public Finance;12/08/95, p2
Reports a cut in the standard spending of the local governments in Great Britain. Implications of the review of support grant settlement for local budget; Projected increase in council taxes; Effects of tight spending controls.
- Council passes frugal budget. LADIK, SARAH // Hub (Hay River, NT);1/8/2014, Vol. 41 Issue 45, p5
The article reports on the approval of the operating and maintenance budget of the municipality of Hay River, Northwestern Territory for 2014 on December 23, 2013, which includes a 2% tax increase and a 2% reduction in spending across the municipal board.
- County seeking one-cent tax hike. // Clarendon Enterprise (TX);8/21/2014, Vol. 25 Issue 34, p1
The article elaborates on a proposal by county commissioners in Donley County, Texas to raise the tax rate by one-cent to support a fiscal year 2015 budget of 2.175 million dollars, which is 63,000-dollars more than the 2014 budget.
- A reality check at tax time. Townsend, Alair // Crain's New York Business;3/29/2004, Vol. 20 Issue 13, p9
The article presents information related to the state and local taxation in New York for 2003. The numbers are eye-popping. The bite from all state and local taxes in the state is 26% above the national average. Worse, local taxes in New York state are 71% above the national average. A new...
- Sharpening knives over the budget. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;11/11/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 45, p1
Reports on Westchester County, New York Executive Andrew J. Spano's unveiling of his proposed 2003 county spending plan. Reduction of the impact of any property tax increase; Plan of lawmakers to cut the county budget beyond Spano's proposal. INSET: Suggested cuts.
- State and Local Tax Aspects of Corporate Acquisitions. Petrik, Michael T.; Millar, Ethan D. // Corporate Business Taxation Monthly;Dec2006, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p13
The article identifies and addresses the state and local tax issues which are most commonly encountered in corporate acquisitions. The multi-jurisdictional nature of state and local taxes provides for an unusual number of opportunities and pitfalls in the context of corporate transactions. As...
- Rumours of extra cash to ease ACT abolition. Harding, David // Public Finance;07/11/97, p3
Reports that the British government is planning to increase the amount of total standard spending received by councils due to a move to abolish advance corporation tax (ACT) credits given to pension funds. Expected impact of the loss of tax credits; Total funding needed to be raised by some...
- Buda back in black on budget. LEOS III, MOSES // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);10/2/2013, Vol. 111 Issue 27, p1A
The article reports on the decision of the Buda City Council in Texas to approve the adoption of the fiscal year (FY) 2013-2014 budget and tax rate on September 20, 2013.