THE TRADING FLOOR
- THE TRADING FLOOR. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;7/15/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31926, p6
Reports developments related to the underwriters and dealers in the U.S. as of July 2004. Appointment of Juan Pittman as managing director of the public finance director of Bear, Stearns and Co. Inc.; Closure of the municipal trading desks of UBS Financial Services Inc.; Designation of John...
- New York City Plans $650M Fixed-Rate Sale. O'Brien, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;5/4/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32125, p32
The article reports that New York City plans to sell $650 million of tax-exempt, fixed-rate bonds later this month in one of the Big Apple's frequent general obligation bond sales. It is reported that Bear, Stearns & Co. will price the deal on May 18, 2005. Citigroup Global Markets Inc., Morgan...
- N.Y.C. Prepares to Sell $850M Of Fixed-Rate Refunding GOs. O'Brien, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/5/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32271, p3
The article reports on the sell of fixed-rate, general obligation refunding bonds by New York City on December 14, 2005. The bonds will have a two-day retail order period beginning December 12, 2005. Lehman Brothers is book-running senior manager on the sale. Bear Stearns & Co. Inc., Citigroup...
- Whistleblower to Appeal Dismissal Of Six Illinois Yield-Burning Cases. // Bond Buyer;8/22/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31704, p1
Reports that a lawyer Clint Krislov has filed a case on behalf of taxpayers and Illinois issuers to state Supreme Court regarding a lower court judge's dismissal of six yield-burning cases against UBS Financial Services and Bear, Stearns & Co. for their respective work on an Illinois deal and a...
- Maine Replaces Quick & Reilly With Bear Stearns on Team. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;1/9/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31797, p6
Reports on the selection of UBS Financial Services Inc. to remain the senior manager for the general obligation bond sale in Maine. Replacement of Quick & Reilly Inc. by Bear, Stearns & Co. Inc. as co-senior manager; Amount underwritten by UBS in bonds sales; Introduction of a co-managing team.
- Two Illinois Yield-Burning Suits Allowed. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;6/13/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32152, p1
The article reports that in a reversal of a lower court decision, the Illinois Supreme Court upheld the rights of several state taxpayers behind a series of yield-burning lawsuits to pursue financial industry firms UBS Financial Services Inc. and Morgan Stanley & Co. Inc. for allegedly...
- ARIZONA: Top Five Rankings in 2003. // Bond Buyer;2/10/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31818, p29
Ranks the top five senior managers, issuers, financial advisers and bond counsel in Arizona in 2003. RBC Dain Rauscher; UBS Financial Services; Citigroup; Bear Stearns; Stone and Youngberg.
- SOUTHEAST INVISIBLE SUPPLY. // Bond Buyer;2/19/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31824, p30
Provides information on municipal bonds of various U.S. states as of February 2004. Appointment of Bear Stearns to handle the Miami-Dade, Florida aviation revenue bond issuance; State appropriation-backed debt of Kentucky; Appointment of BB&T Capital Markets to handle the Virginia Public...
- Bear Stearns still bullish on CMBS after boss quits. Gibson, Robert // Estates Gazette;2/12/2005, Issue 506, p55
Reports on the claim of U.S. investment bank Bear Stearns that its property securitisation plans will continue despite the resignation of head of European securitisation Andy Clapham. Personnel changes at the company. INSET: Conduit hit by leavers.