Pennsylvania Officials Taking Stock of Federal Aid
- The dipping deficit. // Christian Science Monitor;10/22/96, Vol. 88 Issue 229, p20
Editorial. Focuses on the budget deficit for the federal government, which is expected to come in at billions of dollars lower than previously expected. Importance of the deficit from a political standpoint; Projections from economists on the deficit increase.
- News in Brief: U.S. Posts $9.4B Deficit in Oct. Vekshin, Allison // Bond Buyer;11/26/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31271, p2
Reports on the budget deficit posted by the U.S. federal government in October 2001. Deficit projected by economists polled by the firm IFR BondData America; Possible cause behind the deficit.
- MNB expects municipalities to offset central government deficit overshoot in 2014. // Hungary A.M.;3/31/2014, p5
The article reports on the expected deficit of the Hungarian central government in 2014.
- Opportunities for canada from the "new" American government. Clemens, Jason; Veldhuis, Niels // Fraser Forum;Mar/Apr2013, p26
The article focuses on the economic threats faced by the U.S. and to Canada who trades with the U.S. It states that the tax prices can rise in the U.S. which can lead to more problems for workers and businesses. It further mentions that the various provinces and Canadian federal government can...
- Layoffs and Cuts. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;1/28/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31312, p39
Reports on the decision of governor of New Jersey James E. McGreevey to layoff state workers and cut state aid in order to overcome budget gap in the state. Role of former governor Donald DiFrancesco in increasing the budget gap; Number of employees laid off by state Department of Treasury;...
- Italy's Woes Could Undercut Defense. Taverna, Michael A. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;8/13/2001, Vol. 155 Issue 7, p29
Reports the possibility of a curtailed government support for aerospace and defense industry in Italy. Gross domestic product deficit of the government; Plans to cut spendings as a solution to the problem; Budget plans of the government for the defense industry.
- Minnesota cuts library aid to counter dollar deficit. // Library Journal;3/1/1983, Vol. 108 Issue 5, p440
Cites Public Library Newsletter of Minnesota which reports reduction in state appropriations to public library services and multicounty, multitype library cooperation to counter revenue shortfall in fiscal 1983.
- FEDERAL FINANCE. // Economic Indicators;Jan2005, Vol. 110 Issue 1, p32
Presents tabular and graphical representations of the state of federal finance in the U.S. from 1996 to 2005. Federal receipts by source and outlays by function; Increase in federal current expenditures during the fourth quarter of 2004; Budget deficit of the country in the first four months of...
- Should we send Uncle Sam a thank-you note? // New Hampshire Business Review;5/30/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 11, p10A
Editorial. Comments on the reliance of the state of New Hampshire on the federal government assistance. Failure of the state to manage the revenue problem; Assessment of the budget-writing process; Elimination of budget deficits.