INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: M&A
- A hedge for an edge. Spira, John // Finance Week;1/18/2002, p30
Outlines the investment strategy called merger arbitrage, which guarantees a profit on a completed merger or acquisition agreement, regardless of the direction of equity markets. Options for investors wishing to create an arbitrage profit; Opportunities and risks; Illustration of the strategy.
- Europolis Invest acquires second Warsaw building. Staniszewska, Anna // Warsaw Business Journal;10/8/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 41, p7
Reports the acquisition of the Saski Point office building by Europolis Invest Immobelien Management. Enumeration of tenants in same building; Chains in Poland; List of announcements.
- African investment outflow on the rise. Nevin, Tom // African Business;May99, Issue 243, p36
Reports on the increase of foreign acquisitions by African countries. Acquisition activities of companies in South Africa; Investment outflow and inflow.
- Purchase multiples jump by 14% in the buyout market. Tan, Kopin // Investment Dealers' Digest;03/02/98, Vol. 64 Issue 9, p12
Presents information on an annual industry poll of financial buyers, lenders and investment bankers which was conducted by the publication `Buyouts' on the purchase price multiples for buyout deals. Record set by purchase price buyouts as of February 1998; Comments from Jim Roach, a bank loan...
- FIGs. Santini, Laura // Investment Dealers' Digest;12/11/2000, Vol. 66 Issue 48, p34
Presents statistics of investment deals in the United States for the week of December 11, 2000. Merger and acquisition transactions; Volume by product; Debt deals.
- Examination of Tobin's q for takeover firms. Kim, Keeho; Henderson Jr, Glenn V. . // Quarterly Journal of Business & Economics;Winter93, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p3
Investigates whether the Tobin's q's theory of investment for firms involved in takeovers are significantly different from those of similar firms not involved in takeovers. Objectives of the study; Important characteristic of the q theory of investment; The implicit hypothesis of the study;...
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: U.S. M & A. // Investment Dealers' Digest;01/21/2002, Vol. 68 Issue 3, p52
Focuses on the investment of M&A in the United States as of January 2002. List of M&A advisers; Data on the largest acquisition related syndicated loans; Outline of top US acquisition related lenders.
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: U.S. M & A. // Investment Dealers' Digest;7/8/2002, Vol. 68 Issue 27, p16
Presents charts and graph depicting the mergers and acquisitions in the U.S. as of July 2002. Assessment of the public and private deals; Premium of the investment volume; Amount of acquisition related to syndicated loans.
- Global M & A. // Investment Dealers' Digest;7/8/2002, Vol. 68 Issue 27, p19
Presents charts depicting the global mergers and acquisitions as of July 2002. Ranking of the acquiring nations; Investment advisers; Assessment of the cross border deals.
- Global M & A. // Investment Dealers' Digest;7/15/2002, Vol. 68 Issue 28, p19
Presents charts and graph depicting the global mergers and acquisitions as of July 2002. Assessment of the target regions; Total amount of investments; Rankings of the selected industry.