- US `payday lending' chief plans European expansion. Welch, Jilly // People Management;01/28/99, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p19
Reports that the head of a United States (US) `payday lending' association hopes to expand the industry into Europe. Information on the payday lending industry; Need for payday loans in Europe; Reaction of consumer groups and US employers to deferred deposit lenders.
- Steer clear of those lousy microlenders. Kok, Leon // Finance Week;04/27/2001, p16
Focuses on Micro Finance Regulatory Council's advice to people planning to borrow from a microlender in South Africa. Microlenders' goal of providing small loans to people turned away from banking institutions; Number of registered lenders in the country; Complaint about excessive interest...
- Namibia's lenders accused of rip off. Shigwedha, Absalom // African Business;May99, Issue 243, p34
Reports that cash loan companies in Namibia are being accused of cheating their customers. Absence of registration with the Ministry of Finance; Complaints against cash loan companies.
- Small players bank on loan syndicates. Boylan, Anthony Burke // Crain's Chicago Business;04/16/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 16, p44
Focuses on bankers' banks' interest in syndicated lending in the United States. Method of parceling out large corporate loans among big banks; Organization of lending groups to fund small-to-medium-sized business loans; Opportunity for community banks to take on the kind of credits they do not...
- Bank Loan Demand and Lending Standards. // Economic Trends (07482922);Mar2002, p16
Presents several graphs depicting on bank loan demand and lending standards in the U.S. Deflation in the net share of senior loan officers; Decline of commercial and industry loans; Share of respondents reporting weaker demand for consumer loans.
- Distribution of credit risk among providers of mortgages... Canner, Glenn B.; Passmore, Wayne // Federal Reserve Bulletin;Dec96, Vol. 82 Issue 12, p1077
Focuses on the importance of financial institutions who bear credit risk in mortgage lending. Information on other participants in the loan lending process; Difficulty in assessing the performance of mortgage market participants; Indepth look at the person responsible for the credit risk...
- Commercial Mortgage Lenders. // Las Vegas Business Press;12/2/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 48, p20
Presents a chart depicting the ranking of commercial mortgage lenders based on the dollar volume in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- SBA loan reports differ widely. Gerrie, Sharon // Las Vegas Business Press;07/12/99, Vol. 16 Issue 27, p7
Focuses on the Office of Advocacy for the Small Business Administration's June 1998 survey of small business-friendly banks and total amounts loaned to small business in the United States. Different figures reported by the Small Business Administration office in Las Vegas, Nevada; List of major...
- Institutional buyers ride out first test of bank loan mart. Keegan, Jeffrey // Investment Dealers' Digest;01/04/99, Vol. 65 Issue 1, p10
Focuses on market tests for bank loan deals planned by financial institutions in the United States for 1999. Opportunities for institutional investors according to analysts; Performance comparing leverage loans investment potentials with junk bonds.
- As Market Enthusiasm Fades, Lenders Demand More Collateral. Hintze, John // Bank Loan Report;3/31/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 13, p1
Reports on an upsurge in bank loan pricing in the United States in February 2003, prompting lenders to demand stronger collateral.