Cross-Atlantic Private Equity Boom
- K.C. School Pension Pins Private Equity Commitment. Giardina, Michael // Investment Management Mandate Pipeline;11/29/2012, p5
The article announces the new private equity investment passed by the Kansas City Public School Retirement System's (KCPSRS) Board of Trustees to Pantheon Ventures during its October 2012 meeting.
- Alternatives Effort Posted by Commonwealth Coffer. Giardina, Michael // Investment Management Mandate Pipeline;5/22/2013, p4
The article announces that Westfield Retirement System, a more than 160 million-dollar pension plan, is seeking experienced private equity managers, as posted on the Massachusetts Public Employees Retirement Administration Commission's (PERAC) website, with bid deadline set on June 12, 2013.
- At Press Time. // Investment Management Weekly;1/16/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p1
The article reports on the 2006 plan of the California Public Employees' Retirement System (CalPERS) to invest in foreign private equity investments. It presents the value of the planned investment. An action taken by CalPERS as part of the plan is cited.
- San Diego City Plan to Review RE Options. Lewis, Jakema // Investment Management Mandate Pipeline;6/21/2013, p10
The article reports on the plan of the Investment Committee of the San Diego City Employees' Retirement System (SDCERS) in California to hear real estate (RE) recommendations in June 2013. In 2012, the portfolio targets of SDCERS were 26% U.S. equity, 17% non-U.S. equity, 3% to infrastructure...
- BERKSHIRE MAKES MAJOR ASSET SHIFT. // Pensions & Investments;5/4/2009, Vol. 37 Issue 9, p23
The article reports that new allocations to hedge funds and other absolute-return strategies, commodities, infrastructure and active currency were added by Royal County of Berkshire Pension Fund in an overhaul of the $1.55 billion plan's investments. Although the private equity allocation was...
- Maine PERS Hires for PE. Giardina, Michael // Investment Management Weekly;4/9/2010, p2
The article probes into two new private equity commitments made by the Maine Public Employees' Retirement System (MainePERS).
- SWIB Increases Allocation to Private Equity. Braunschweig, Carolina // Investment Management Weekly;4/28/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 17, p1
Reports on the possibility for the State of Wisconsin Investment Board (SWIB) to double its private equity holdings when it reaches a target allocation set by the pension fund earlier in 2003. Comment of SWIB spokeswoman Vicki Hearing; Development of a diversified private equity portfolio.
- NJ SIC Doles Out $1 Billion for Alternatives. M. S. // Investment Management Weekly;3/31/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 13, p3
The article reports on the approval of over $1 billion in alternative investments by New Jersey State Investment Council (NJSIC) in March 2008, according to Tom Vincz, spokesman for the council. Private equity commitments worth $200 million will be made by the council in Hamilton Lane's European...
- Employee Pension Fund May Take Private Equity Route. Allen, Mike // San Diego Business Journal;11/27/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 48, p1
The article reports that the San Diego Employees' Retirement System, the governing agency for San Diego, California employee pension fund is planning to invest in private equity funds or privately managed partnerships. The fund has more than 17,000 active and retired members. Pension officials...