High Yield? Not Really
- Late News. // Modern Healthcare;Feb2003, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p4
Presents news briefs on the health care industry in the U.S. as of February 2003. Expected 2002 fourth-quarter results of Province Healthcare Co.; Impact of the proposed budget of New York Governor George Pataki on the state's hospitals; Reason behind the decision of Glenwood Regional Medical...
- For the record. // Modern Healthcare;06/07/99, Vol. 29 Issue 23, p16
Presents an update on the health care industry of the United States as of June 7, 1999. Not-for-profit hospitals losing historical ratings; Acquisition of the Doctor's Hospital of Opelousas by Province Healthcare; Philanthropic works for hospitals and health care systems.
- For the record. // Modern Healthcare;03/27/2000, Vol. 30 Issue 13, p34
Presents updates on medical care in the United States as of March 27, 2000. Plan of Province Healthcare Corp. to sell its stocks; Information on the settlement of fraud charges against Eisenhower Medical Center in Rancho Mirage, California; Stance of the Coalition for Nonprofit Health Care on...
- Scope. // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;Aug2001, Vol. 75 Issue 8, p49
Presents an update on the health care system in the United States as of August 2001. Acquisition of the Ashland Medical Center in Pennsylvania by Province Healthcare Company; Appointment of Kenneth Donahey at LifePoint Hospitals in Brentwood, Tennessee; Retirement of Bernard L. Brown Jr., from...
- Chains see rising bad debt. Galloro, Vince // Modern Healthcare;11/3/2003, Vol. 33 Issue 44, p20
Reports on the financial performance of LifePoint Hospitals and Province Healthcare Co. in the U.S. in 2003. Increase in the bad-debt provisions of LifePoint; Revenue of LifePoint; Forecast on the bad-debt expense of Province Healthcare.
- For the record. // Modern Healthcare;04/19/99, Vol. 29 Issue 16, p16
Presents news briefs related to healthcare in the United States as of April 1999. Hospitals in Florida that will be sold by Columbia/HCA Healthcare Corp. to Halifax Medical Center; Acquisition of Glades General Hospital by Province Healthcare Co.; Amount to be paid by Vencor in rent for the...
- For the record. // Modern Healthcare;07/13/98, Vol. 28 Issue 28, p22
Provides news briefs on the United States' health care industry as of July 1998. Second public offering of Province Healthcare; Plan of Arterial Vascular Engineering to buy the interventional cardiology business of C.R. Bard; Investigation of Northridge Hospital Medical Center in Los Angeles,...
- Lifepoint to Acquire Province Healthcare. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Oct2004, Vol. 58 Issue 10, p23
Reports the announcement by LifePoint Hospitals Inc. that it would acquire Province Healthcare Co. in the United States. Creation of a hospital company focused on providing healthcare services in nonurban communities; Approval by the boards of directors of LifePoint Hospitals and Province...
- Province opens replacement facility. // AHA News;9/10/2001, Vol. 37 Issue 36, p7
Reports on an announcement of the Province Healthcare Corporation to open a replacement of Northeastern Nevada Regional Hospital in Elko, Nevada. Cost of the facility; Number of general acute care hospitals being leased by Province.