Mid-Market M&A Hits a Sour Note
- UCBH of Calif. Buying a Brooklyn Branch. Reosti, John // American Banker;9/24/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 183, p19
Reports that banking company United Commercial Bank Holdings Inc. (UCBH) announced that it has agreed to purchase a Brooklyn branch and its $12 million of deposits from the multi-million asset Broadway National Bank in New York. Company profile of UCBH.
- Preparing for merger vital to co. survival. Franson, Thomas H. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;04/27/98, Issue 322295, p12
Discusses the importance for corporations in preparing for planned mergers and acquisitions (M&A) in the United States. Role of banks in M&As; Criteria for selecting a bank to assist a firm through an M&A process; Initial business information that a bank will need.
- TO EACH ITS OWN. Bennett, Robert A.; Hackett, John // U.S. Banker;Jun2002, Vol. 112 Issue 6, p38
Focuses on the performance of middle size banking companies in the U.S. Prevalence of high performer banks in the Sub Belt region; Impetus to the low performance of some banks; Influence of acquisition on the growth of banks.
- M&A Watchers: Economy Isn't Main Reason for Dip. Jackson, Ben // American Banker;4/12/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 70, p5
Reports developments in banks consolidation in the U.S. as of April 2002. Decline of bank and thrift deals; Reduction deals prices; Plans of Royal Bank of Canada's RBC Centura unit to buy Eagle Bancshares Inc. and South Financial Group; Presence of multiple deals in the Union Planters Corp.
- Foreign Banks Eye the Innovative U.S. Banking Market as a Testing Ground. Harrison, Joan // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Oct2002, Vol. 37 Issue 10, p24
Reports the issues on mergers and acquisitions activity involving banks by foreign buyers in the U.S. Terms and conditions of deals made; Repeal of the Glass-Steagall Act of 1999; Policies on foreign banks buying.
- C&S links up four banks. // ABA Banking Journal;Oct81, Vol. 73 Issue 10, p230
Reports the partnership between Citizen & Southern National Bank of Atlanta and C&S banks in the U.S. Formalization of the deal; Approval of the shareholder and regulators on the agreement.
- Acquisitions of nonbanking entities announced in May. // American Banker;6/10/1997, Vol. 162 Issue 110, p26
Presents a chart depicting acquisitions of nonbanking entities announced in May 1997. Transaction status; Assets of buyers and targeted company.
- Downbeat Before, Downbeat After But M&A world is slowly returning to what passes for normal these days. Louria Hahn, Avital // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/15/2001, Vol. 67 Issue 38, pN.PAG
Focuses on the developments related to merger and acquisition (M&A) deals related to banking industry in the U.S. after the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks. Number of deals during the first three quarters of the year 2000 and 2001; Top three companies in M&A field in the U.S.; Concerns...
- Banking on further consolidation. Radke, Chuck // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;10/25/2002, Issue 322999, p15
Discusses the status of the banking industry in the U.S. as of October 25, 2002. Growth of consolidations in middle-market and regional banks; Consolidation resulting in a 40 percent decline in the number of banks nationally; Decision of banks to define themselves by their specialties; Effect...