SOLEIL'S BIG BET 'ON THE COME'
- Lazard Hires Deal Adviser in Germany. // American Banker;2/19/2009, Vol. 174 Issue 33, p8
The article reports that Alexander Doll has been hired as managing director of Lazard Ltd.'s financial advisory business in Germany. Doll comes to Lazard after eight years in the German offices of UBS AG, and a prior stint at Lehman Brothers. Doll will concentrate on Lazard's investment banking...
- DLJ, Lehman Lose Loan Execs and Market Share. Stock, Helen // American Banker;8/2/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 147, p4
Focuses on the decline of investment banks Donaldson Lufkin & Jenrette and Lehman Brothers' share of the leveraged loan market in the United States. Exodus of finance and syndicated lending executives from Lehman Brothers to UBS Warburg; Drop in demand for leveraged loans.
- E-Trader BondBook Gains Powerful Partners. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;05/08/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31134, p4
Reports the partnership of BondBook and Credit Suisse First Boston, Lehman Brothers and UBS Warburg. Views of John Kim, chief executive officer of BondBook on the partnership; Creation of additional online institution; Members of BondBook's advisory council.
- Lehman to axe a dozen London real estate jobs. McClary, Samantha // Estates Gazette;1/26/2008, Issue 803, p41
The article reports that investment bank Lehman Brothers has warned its staff about layoffs. Lehman become the latest investment bank to cut its real estate team in the wake of the credit crunch. Around 12 staff in the London, England-based real estate team have been told that their jobs are at...
- Lehman to Discuss Subprime with Critics. Julavits, Robert // American Banker;8/4/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 149, p20
Focuses on the decision of Lehman Brothers Inc. to meet with the activist group, Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now, to discuss concerns about predatory lending in the United States. Efforts to prevent further protests by the group; Demand of the group to investment banks to...
- Last holdout Lehman turns to downsizing. Gandel, Stephen // Crain's New York Business;8/26/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 34, p1
Reports the downsizing of Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc. investment bank in New York City. Dismissal of several employees; Reduction cuts in the company's communications and human resources staff; Signal of the company's retrenchment.
- Lehman aims to go it alone. Gandel, Stephen // Crain's New York Business;07/31/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 31, p1
Reports on the stock performance of Wall Street investment bank Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc. in the wake of mergers in the industry. Stock price movement in 2000; Financial performance; Hiring of additional analysts; Acquisition of a brokerage business from SG Cowen; Better performance of...
- Mixed Results for the Loners. Ring, Niam // American Banker;1/5/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 4, p1
Looks at the differing fourth quarter results reported by investment bankers Lehman Brothers Holdings and Bear Stearns Cos. in 2000. Percentage increase of Lehman Brothers' net income; Decline of Bear Stearns' net income for the quarter; Takeover rumors involving the two banking companies;...
- McGee to Run Lehman Investment banking. // American Banker;12/20/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 243, p18
Reports on announcement by Lehman Brothers Holding Inc. that Hugh McGee has been promoted to succeed Bradley Jack as the global head of investment banking. Provides details of Mr. McGee's investment career; Focuses on other Wall Street firms who have made management changes at the executive...