The Hmong legacy of honor, tragedy
- Hmong Games. Xiong, Kao // Skipping Stones;Mar/Apr2002, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p26
Provides information on the games of the Hmong people. Rules in a rock game; Importance of ball tossing in celebrating Hmong holidays.
- Thailand Rebuffs U.S. and U.N., Forces Hmong to Return to Laos. // Vietnam;Apr2010, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p10
The article reports on the decision of Thai officials to deport 4,500 ethnic Hmong back to Laos despite the urge of the U.S. and other Western countries in resettling any Hmong who are deemed to be refugees.
- The role of religious affiliation in refugee resettlement: The case of the Hmong. Winland, Daphne N. // Canadian Ethnic Studies;
Examines the role of religious affiliation in refugee resettlement of the Hmong in Canada. Conversion of Hmong to Christianity; Hmong symbolic and meaning system; Dynamics of group leadership, social status and indigenous belief systems.
- THE LAST BUS. Ranard, Donald A. // Atlantic (02769077);Oct87, Vol. 260 Issue 4, p26
Comments on the reluctance of the Hmong people to go to the U.S. Solutions to refugee problems; Factors contributing to the success of Hmong refugees in the U.S.
- HMONG REVISITED. // ASEANAffairs;Jan/Feb2010, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p31
The article explores the plight of Hmong, an ancient tribe in Laos.
- Reflections on "Crossing Borders in Birthing Practices": Hmong in Northern Thailand and Saint Paul, Minnesota. Culhane-Pera, Kathleen A. // Hmong Studies Journal;2014 Special Issue, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p1
As a family physician and medical anthropologist, I have interacted with pregnant women and their families in Minnesota since 1983 and in one Hmong village in Northern Thailand since 1988. In the previous article I describe our recent research about Hmong families' pregnancy and birth practices...
- Guest Editorial. Albion, Lisa // Child & Youth Care Forum;Apr2001, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p67
Narrates a story on the way of life of villagers in Laos. Way of living of villagers in the area; Characteristics of the Hmong villagers.
- First Hmong-owned business in Utah opens doors. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;11/12/2001, Vol. 31 Issue 20, p17
Reports on the inauguration of Uncle Thai's, the first Hmong-owned restaurant serving Chinese food and pizza in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- Impact of a breastfeeding promotion program for Hmong women at selected WIC sites in Northern ... Tuttle, Cynthia Reeves; Dewey, Kathryn G. // Journal of Nutrition Education;Mar/Apr95, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p69
Reports on the effect of intervention on the initiation of breastfeeding for Hmong women at selected Special Supplemental Food Program for Women, Infants, and Children sites in Northern California. Barriers to breastfeeding initiation; Determination of infant feeding decision; Design of a...