China's future: Market socialism or market taoism?
- Casting off socialism. // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;7/11/94, Vol. 21 Issue 30, p20
Cites comments made by conservative American columnist Paul Craig Roberts regarding Latin American countries that are rejecting socialist political policies. Observations about Mexico, Chile and Argentina.
- Beware socialism in a new guise. // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;8/15/94, Vol. 21 Issue 35, p32
Reports that the July 1994 issue of `The Freeman' warns that the new fashionable ideology being touted by bureaucrats and businessmen, `communitarianism,' is nothing more than socialism in disguise. Excerpts from the article.
- Executive Summary. // Venezuela Business Forecast Report;2007 4th Quarter, p5
The article focuses on the vision of President Hugo Ch�vez concerning the 21st Century socialism in Venezuela.
- Obstacles in the pursuit of happiness. Latsis, Otto // CATO Journal;Fall91, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p259
Discusses the obstacles in the pursuit of happiness under the socialist order of the Soviet Union. Age-old tradition of Russian thought; Background of the socialist order; Essential features of socialism; Growth of the human personality as the important goal and distinctive feature of socialism.
- Vive la difference! Kamberg, M. // Current Health 2;Nov91, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p14
Gives advice to teenagers who consider themselves `different' or outside the `in' crowd. How to develop one's self-confidence and self-esteem; Development of unique interests and talents; How to make friends who share one's interests; Types of school cliques, such as jocks, brains and so on. ...
- Socialism: Guilty as charged. Horowitz, D. // Commentary;Dec90, Vol. 90 Issue 6, p17
Commentary. Examines the failures of 20th century Marxism and discusses the reluctance of the members of the New Left to reject Marxist-socialism as a bankrupt ideology. Several historical references to socialist experiments; References to the writings of New Leftist thinkers; Socialism...
- Corporate mobility: Factors distinguishing better adjusted from less well-adjusted children and... Stroh, Linda K. // Child Study Journal;Mar1990, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p19
Examines both parent and children's perspectives on the differences in children's adjustment to a corporate move. Predicting children's responses to a corporate move; Measure of children's social adjustment; Parents as predictors of children's adjustment.
- The Marxist influence. // Commonweal;10/5/84, Vol. 111 Issue 14, p524
Three Marxian scholars discuss whether Karl Marx is now simply a figure in the history of ideas. Their conclusion: Marx, and his theories, will continue to affect world politics.
- Socialism: Do Something About It. Tucker, Scott // Humanist;May/Jun95, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p43
Discusses the need for a socialist movement in the United States. History; Class struggles; Rigging of bipartisan system against democratic representation; Education of citizens for social solidarity.