INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: Technology
- Microsoft and TomTom Settle Patent Cases. // GEOWorld;May2009, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p8
The article reports on the settlement of Microsoft Corp. and TomTom NV on patent infringement cases.
- Quality of threats rather than quality of software. Bradner, Scott // Network World;11/29/2004, Vol. 21 Issue 48, p28
This article focuses on the threat issued by Microsoft Corp.'s (MC) chief executive officer Steve Ballmer at the company-sponsored Asian Government Leaders Forum in Singapore that governments using Linux will get sued. Ballmer pointed out that a report said Linux violates more than 228 patents....
- Industry Update. // MarketWatch: Technology;Nov2007, Vol. 6 Issue 11, p3
The article offers news briefs related to the high technology industry. Microsoft Corp. was asked to pay $690 million worth of fines after it lost an antitrust lawsuit in Europe. eBay plans to take write-down charges of about $1.43 billion which is related to its acquisition of voice over...
- Technology: Industry Update. // MarketWatch: Global Round-up;Apr2009, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p218
The article presents an update for the business enterprises in the high technology industry. Microsoft Corp. has filed a patent infringement suit against Dutch GPS and TomTom relating to car navigation technology innovations. Nokia Siemens Networks BV has gained 880 million euro contracts from...
- the buzz. // eWeek;4/7/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 14, p21
Reports on several developments related to high technology industry as of April 7, 2003 in the U.S. Amount gained by U.S.-based Intel Corp. in stock options; Penalties charged on U.S.-based eBay Inc.; Revenue generated by electronic commerce during 2001 and 2002.
- eBay Sues Bank One Over Internet Patent. // American Banker;10/1/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 189, p7
States that eBay Inc.'s PayPal unit charged Bank One Corp. with infringement of a patent for conducting financial transactions over the Internet. Details of a lawsuit filed in the U.S. District Court for Delaware.
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: Technology. Tanick, Britt // Investment Dealers' Digest;5/26/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 21, p50
Presents information about developments in the U.S. as well as global high technology market as of May 19, 2003. Plan of Microsoft Corp. to license its rights for computer operating system from SCO Group to Unix technology; Launch of a recycling program by Gateway Inc. for corporations;...
- Tech update. // Dow Theory Forecasts;7/16/2007, Vol. 63 Issue 29, p6
The article offers news briefs related to profits of businesses in the U.S. Apple Inc. shares have surged 140% in 2006 and 33% since May 1, 2007, with gains driven by the new iPhone. On the other hand, after six years of selling Xbox video-game consoles, Microsoft Corp. has yet to turn a profit...
- TechSpin:Google, Microsoft and IBM Prove There's No Sure Thing. Dreyfuss, Joel // Red Herring;7/18/2008, p1
The article focuses on the earnings posted by technology-related companies in July 2008. Search engine Google reported that its net income increased by 35 percent but its share was lower than analyst expectations. Software manufacturer Microsoft reported a revenue that is 2.3 percent below...