INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: Retail
- Ahold Cautious in 2012 Outlook. HAMSTRA, MARK // SN: Supermarket News;3/5/2012, Vol. 60 Issue 10, p6
The article reports on the 2011 financial performance of Dutch international retailer Ahold which highlighted sales gains and costs kept in check even as it expresses caution over the outlook for 2012.
- Ahold to Invest Heavily In U.S. Store Remodels. Hamstra, Mark // SN: Supermarket News;4/4/2005, Vol. 53 Issue 14, p1
Explores issues concerning Zaandam, Netherlands-based retail firm Ahold NV. Forecast on the company's capital expenditures in 2005; Main reason for the earnings estimates being below management's targets; Financial performance of the company's Stop & Shop/Giant-Landover division in the fourth...
- Ahold's U.S. Businesses Show Some Improvement. Zwiebach, Elliot // SN: Supermarket News;9/11/2006, Vol. 54 Issue 37, p1
The article reports on the financial performance of Ahold for the second quarter of 2006. According to Rabobank analyst Patrick Roquas, the second-quarter results provide management support for implementing its strategy and reduce the pressure for a full break-up. Sales for its retail and...
- Costco Falls Short of Expectations. // MMR;1/13/2014, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p41
The article reports that the sales and profit growth of retailer Costco Wholesale Corp. for the 12 weeks ended November 24, 2013 fell below Wall Street's expectations due to higher interest and operating expenses aside from the negative impacts from foreign currency exchange and gasoline prices.
- Ahold:the European Enron? Hanney, Brian // Accountancy;Apr2003, Vol. 131 Issue 1316, p42
Reports on the financial problems at the third largest supermarket chain in the world, Ahold NV. Presence of accounting irregularities at the American food distribution business of the company; Erosion of the capital worth of the company; Disappearance of the money of the shareholders. INSET:...
- Volume at Ahold Beats Estimates. // MMR;2/8/2010, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p47
The article reports on the financial performance of Dutch grocer Ahold NV as the fourth quarter of fiscal year 2009 ended in Amsterdam, Netherlands.
- Know-How Transfer At Ahold. van Gelder, Marc // European Retail Digest;Mar2000, Issue 25, p19
Focuses on Ahold NV, a global food retailer operating in Europe, Asia, South America and the United States. Background on the company's progress; Company's operating philosophy.
- Ahold touted as rumored Tesco target. // MarketWatch: Food;Mar2006, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p15
The article reports on the decline in Tesco PLC's shares amid market rumors that it will acquire Dutch grocery giant Ahold NV. Ahold announced a three-year turnaround plan aimed to optimize its store portfolio, strengthen its financial position and improve its corporate governance and...
- Ahold Posts Charge for Integration of U.S. Retail
Divisions. Hamstra, Mark // SN: Supermarket News;6/21/2004, Vol. 52 Issue 25, p8
Focuses on the integration of the Stop & Shop and Giant of Landover, Maryland retail chains of Ahold NV in the U.S. in 2004. Expectations of Ahold on the net cost of the integration in 2004; Improvements in the margin performance of Ahold over the fourth quarter of 2003 in its U.S. retail...