INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: FIGs
- NEWS HEADLINES: Europe. // MarketWatch: Financial Services;February 2003, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p16
Cites news items related to the financial services industry in Europe as of February 2003. Credit Agricole's launching of a bid for domestic rival Credit Lyonnais; Baltimore Technologies PLC's contract with Italian banks to build a secure interbank transaction platform; Swiss Life's appointment...
- Financial Services Industry Update: Europe. // MarketWatch: Global Round-up;May 2003, Vol. 2 Issue 5, p71
Reports on news and developments concerning the financial services industry in Europe. Stock exchange, Euronet's increase in profits for fiscal 2002; Comite des Etablissements de Credit et des Enterprises d'Investissement's approval of the merger between Credit Agricole and Credit Lyonnais; BNP...
- NEWS HEADLINES: Europe. // MarketWatch: Global Round-up;February 2003, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p73
Presents news concerning the European financial services industry as of February 2003. Takeover bid launched by Credit Agricole SA for Credit Lyonnais SA; Contract won by security provider Baltimore Technologies PLC to build a secure interbank transaction platform for several Italian banks.
- Mutual Funds in France. // Mutual Funds Industry Profile: France;November 2004, p1
Presents a profile of the Mutual Funds industry in France. Executive summary of the industry; Market overview; Market value; Market segmentation; Competitive landscape; Leading companies in the industry; Market forecasts; Demographics; Further reading.
- Retail Banking in France. // Retail Banking Industry Profile: France;November 2004, p1
Presents a profile of the Retail Banking industry in France. Executive summary of the industry; Market overview; Market value; Market segmentation; Competitive landscape; Leading companies in the industry; Market forecasts; Demographics; Further reading.
- Credit Agricole Deal the Biggest of 2002. // American Banker;12/17/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 240, p2
Reports on the announcement by Credit Agricole SA that it has agreed to buy 82 percent of Credit Lyonnais SA that it doesn't currently own. Offers further details of the company's negotiations to succeed in the purchase; How the purchase of Credit Lyonnais would benefit Credit Agricole by adding...
- Europe Passes US In Value of Deals. // Global Finance;Feb2003, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p20
Reports on the value of corporate takeovers in Europe. Agreement of CrÃ©dit Agricole to acquire CrÃ©dit Lyonnais; Effect of the bank merger on the financial industry; Comparison of the announced deals in the continent with the U.S.
- Bear Stearns Rallies; Talk of Takeover. // American Banker;10/2/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 189, p23
Reports on the rise in shares of Bear Stearns Cos. amid speculation that it may be the next securities firm to be bought by a commercial bank. Comments made by the company's chief executive, James Cayne, in July 2000 regarding a possible sale; The gains made by Bear's shares since July 1;...
- Can the Fed Handle a Systemic Crisis? Maybe. D'Arista, Jane // Dollars & Sense;May/Jun2008, Issue 276, p6
The author reflects on the systemic crisis faced by the U.S. financial system. The Federal Reserve's bailout in March of 85-year-old Bear Stearns, one of the world's largest investment banks, gave a clear signal that the U.S. financial system was facing a systemic crisis, according to the...