- Who's Hot. // Investment Dealers' Digest;5/26/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 21, p35
Lists U.S. bank and brokerage stocks according to their ranking in terms of financial performance as of May 26, 2003.
- 1Q Margin Warning Hurts Shares of Ore.'s Columbia. Kuehner-Hebert, Katie // American Banker;4/10/2007, Vol. 172 Issue 68, p7
The article discusses the drop in share price for Columbia Bancorp of Dallas, Oregon. The drop came after the company announced that it would report lower than expected first-quarter earnings as a result of margin contraction and a sizeable loan chargeoff. The company has consistently performed...
- BankAtlantic Links Loss to Laundering Woes. Rieker, Matthias // American Banker;1/27/2006, Vol. 171 Issue 18, p19
This article reports that shares of BankAtlantic Bancorp Inc. sank Thursday, a day after the company reported a $1.6 million fourth-quarter loss because of charges linked to compliance issues. The loss contrasted sharply with the $17.3 million profit the $6.3 billion-asset Fort Lauderdale, Fla.,...
- Stock Price Worry -- Is Tail Starting to Wag the Dog? Davenport, Todd // American Banker;7/30/2008, Vol. 173 Issue 146, p1
The article states that many bank stocks have entered a period where the relationship between financial and market performances has reversed. Investors usually assume that financial results dictate market valuation, but the troubled valuation of some banks is fueling concern that market...
- Downgrade dims RIM's recent shine. // RCR Wireless News;6/7/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 23, p25
Reports on the problem with the financial performance of Research In Motion Ltd. due to a downgrade from Bank of America Securities. Cause of the downgrade; Decision of the Bank of America to lower its rating of the stocks of the company.
- Sterling Stock Drops; Takeover Talk Cited. Reosti, John // American Banker;2/2/2006, Vol. 171 Issue 22, p20
This article reports that shares of Sterling Bancorp of New York fell 10% Wednesday, to $20.81, reversing much of their 20% gain Tuesday. On Tuesday, Sterling's trading volume was 10 times higher than its daily average of about 84,000 shares. The New York Stock Exchange said Wednesday that it...
- B of A Inches Ahead of Citi in Market Cap. // American Banker;11/29/2006, Vol. 171 Issue 228, p18
The article reports on the market capitalization of Bank of America Corp., which is slightly ahead of CitiGroup Inc. heading into the last week of November, 2006. Various statistics related to the financial and stock performance of both companies are provided. On one other occasion, Bank of...
- Bank and thrift stocks. // American Banker;05/14/97, Vol. 162 Issue 92, p31
Presents statistics on the performance of American bank and thrift stocks as of May 13, 1997. List of top gainers and losers; Percentage change in stock prices; Dividends.
- Bank and Thrift Stocks. // American Banker;09/25/98, Vol. 163 Issue 184, p19
Presents information on bank and thrift stocks in the United States, as dated September 24th, 1988. Identification of the banks; How the banks performed.