Endless Winter For Retailers
- Warm winter widens seasonal selections. // Discount Store News;5/11/98, Vol. 37 Issue 9, pA16
Reports on the efforts of American clothing and accessory retailers to adapt to winter's warm weather in 1998. Includes concentration on fashion merchandise and licensed goods; Advice for merchants to pattern their businesses after European concerns where clothes that are appropriate for the...
- Clothing Retailers. // European Retail Digest;Summer94, Issue 3, p16
Discusses the financial characteristics of retail trading of different sized companies within the European clothing sector. Turnover and turnover growth; Net margin; Days stock; Employee cost as a percentage of turnover.
- Plus-Size Petites: The Pitfalls & Possibilities. Williamson, Rusty // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;05/31/2000, Vol. 179 Issue 105, p10
Focuses on the moderate plus-size industry in the United States as of May 31, 2000. Challenges facing plus-size vendors; Difficulty of dressing short and stocky women; Retail sales of the plus-size market in 1999; Growth of the plus-size petites segment.
- MASS STORES PUSH ACTIVE-CASUAL HYBRID. Bowers, Katherine // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;3/19/2003, Vol. 185 Issue 56, p17
Relates the efforts of clothing retailers in pushing for active-casual hybrid designs. Design of J.C. Penney Co.'s active-casual sections in its stores; Private label programs for active-oriented casual looks.
- Retailers cashing in on a new connection with willing shoppers. Moin, David; Edelson, Sharon // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;6/10/96, Vol. 171 Issue 112, p1
No abstract available.
- Stores are jammed, but verdict on yule '96 still not a sure thing. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;12/24/96, Vol. 172 Issue 119, p1
Looks at the performance clothing retailers in the United States during the christmas holiday season in 1996. Strong performing items; Description of customer traffic in various stores.
- U.S. says Feb. solid for stores. Ramey, Joanna // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;3/12/1999, Vol. 177 Issue 48, p17
Reports on the sales performance of apparel and accessories stores in the United States during the month of February 1999. Increase in sales at general merchandise stores; Department stores; Overall increase in retail sales.
- Analysts Foresee Brighter Future for Retailers. Young, Vicki M. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;11/20/2000, Vol. 180 Issue 96, p15
Forecasts 2001 performance of retailers in the clothing industry in the United States. Interest rate cut; Strength of lifestyle brands; Fashion trends.
- Losing their shirts. Jones, Llewellyn // Finance Week;08/25/2000, p14
Focuses on changes in South African clothing retail business. Factors that made high-fashion clothing stores fail; Stores that benefitted from the consumer attitude shift; Steps taken by credit retailers to keep up with the changing market.